Requested Procedure ID in Image Files

• Hi Marcel,

Some DICOM Image Files contain the Requested Procedure ID TAG (0040,1001)...at least this is what I observed when I opened them in a DICOM viewer.

My question is if it is possible to add this tag as a column in the DICOM Image Table in Conquest because I need to use this ID in my applicaion.

To do so I have added the following line in DICOM.SQL file in image table, rebuild the database, but although the column was created no content was there.
    { 0x0040, 0x1001, "ReqProcID", 16, SQL_C_CHAR, DT_STR }

Thanks for your help.

Dimitris Skordias.

• Hi Marcel,

I look at the DICOM standards documents and i found that this specific tag ReqProcID is in the sequence "Request Attributes Sequence" 0040,0275. This sequence appears optionally (3) at the Series Level.

Does this mean that I should make necessary changes at the Series Table attributes in Dicom.SQL instead of the Image table attributes ?

Can you elaborate more on how I should code the sequence in DICOM.SQL ?

Thanks.

• Hi,

the database code does not read sequences - nor does the query/move code. The only option for now is to use an ImportConverter to copy the tag to a private one and add that to the database. I could add sequence code to the database code, but still yoou would not be able to query the field.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!