Ubuntu Server 12.04 + Postgres 9.1.5 WORKS Fine !

• Hi all,

i've recently installed the new version of Ubuntu Server 12.04 64 bits with Postgres 9.1.5.
    If someone is intrested by using dgate on this system, i can give the compiled dgate which works fine !!!
    I have the makefile too..

Best Regards.
    Esteraph.

• Hi Esteraph,

I am puzzled. When building the same source with MySql on Ubuntu 12.04, the server does not work at all (as reported in previous posts). Or has there been an update to the compiler or libraries - that fixes the issue. The issue was that outgoing messages were partly scrambled.

I would be curious what happens if you compile with mysql as well. And can you report you c++ compiler version?

Thanks,

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

sorry but i don't use Mysql at all !!!
    I have never used dgate with Mysql...

The only thing i can say to you is that the server works fine whith these configuration after compilation.
    The update of the system has been done before compile (gcc, g++).

The version compiled is the 1.4.16k.

Here is the makefile (most important lines) :

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/"
    gcc -o lua.o -c lua_5.1.4/all.c -Ilua_5.1.4
    g++ -I/usr/include/postgresql -DUNIX -DNATIVE_ENDIAN=1 -DHAVE_LIBJASPER -DHAVE_LIBJPEG -DPOSTGRES -Wno-write-strings total.cpp lua.o -o dgate -lpthread -L/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib -lpq -ljasper -ljpeg -Ijpeg-6c -Ljpeg-6c -Ilua_5.1.4 -Wno-multichar
    rm lua.o

The most important thing is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
    Of course jasper and jpeg have been compiled before.

I've tested the JPEG2000 compression with it and it seems to work.
    Today, i plan to integrate Weasis viewer on it.

I'll tell you so.

One question : is it possible to destroy received study by ExportConverter after forward to an AE or must i use an ImportConverter ??
    A line like that :
    " ExportConverter0 = forward to AE;destroy; "
    " ImportConverter0 = ifequal “%m”, “CT”; { forward to AE1; destroy; } "

Best Regards.
    Esteraph.

• Hi Esteraph,

can you still tell the g++ version number?

You can use destroy (one image) in an importconverter only - and export from there too, that is the proper way to make a DICOM router.

In an exportconverter I think you can use delayed delete, e.g.,

forward to AE; delete series after 60

Give it a try.

Marcel

• Quote from marcelvanherk

Hi Barry,

carefully follow the steps in linuxmanual.pdf. There have some been some issues lately so let me know what happens.

Marcel

Marcel,

Thanks for the help, I plan on trying to have another on a vanilla 10.04 installation - my server is pretty old and has a mish-mash of stuff installed on it which may be the problem.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!