More Speed by running multiple instances

• Hi
    I wonder if I am thinking right that when I am running multiple instances of CQ it will improve query/retreive speed etc.

Basic idea:

Two instances only for receiving:
    One CQ instance A for storing MR data on drive A with its own database

One CQ instance B for storing CT data on drive B with its own database

And another instance of CQ for the modolities used for querys that has added instance A and B as virtual server.

Does this make any difference or is it without any benefit and just plain nonsense :-)!?

• Hi,

The virtualserver will first query 1, then the other and merge the results. I do not except a speed gain from that - especially since the queries happen sequentially. However, it may be useful to freeze an "old" server and continue on a fresh one.

We do use multiple server system accessing the same sql server and mirrored data on these systems (e.g., server A has a MIRRORdevice to a share on server B and vice-versa). This gives nice load balancing, with a speedup on reading, but potentially a slowdown on writing. However, this is the same if you mirror a single server on a different computer.

By the way, what operation(s) do you feel require most speedup?

Marcel

• Hi
    Its not that I think that CQ is slow in particular.
    I was just wondering what kind of improvements are possible for a new setup.
    The new server will maybe hold 10TB an more, so I think it would be good too keep it fast when multiple queries / receive / sends happen at the same time
    greetz

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!