Security when using Conquest and K-Pacs viewer

• First off, I am very impressed with this solution. It seems to work great, but I have some concern about security. For HIPAA, we need to be able to show logs of who logged in when and looked at what. Is there any provision for this in this solution or can someone recommend a way to accomplish it?

Mike Strout
    Director of IT
    TylerCVC

• Hi Marcel, thanks for the quick response, I was on vacation last week so I didn't see it. Anyway, we are using MSSQL 2005 as our database. It would appear that the dgate program cannot use File dsn, do you know how to go about altering a system DSN in order to make it use a trusted connection?

• Hello Marcel
    I've being looking info about Conquest server's security and can't find much about it. I'm wandering if conquest has any security implemented (HIPAA Standard) and if it secures data somehow when transferring data over the internet? can it be used with VPN? or what would be good solution to make it HIPAA standard secure? Thanks

• Quote from marcelvanherk

Hi,

I suggest not use conquest outside the hospitals firewall without either anonymising the patient data or using an encrypted vpn. The latter is not built-in.

Marcel

Hello
    So far I managed to make MyEnTunnel to work with my main server from remote. I tested with browser and it works for browsing by changing proxy settings in firefox options, but I couldn't make conquest to work, it can't Query or Move studies to remote main server that is connected trough Tunnel. is there specific proxy settings that I have to enter in dicom.ini file to make it work trough MyEnTunnel? thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!