Exporting specific data from a list of folders

• Hi,
    I have a directory that contains patient folders each of which containing CT and NM data.
    I want to grab strictly the NM data and forward them to another conquest server.
    I have over 2000 patients. How can I automate such a request.
    See, I am thinking I have to write an Export Converter filter, but I don't know how to make it recursively grab the NM data and send it to the desired destination.
    Thank you.

• Hi,

There is currently no GUI option to do this.

1) You could make a list of all NM studies, e.g., using the query page and excel or so, and then use a batch file to forward each study one by one. The dgate of 1.4.14beta has option:

dgate --movestudy:source,dest,patid:studyuid

2) Alternatively, you could indeed use an export converter with filter 'NM' and transmit all (!) data to itself. But this could be painful as well.

3) You could use explorer to find on filesize (NM differs from CT) and drop all NM files into the new server. Also painful.

4) You could use another program to initiate the move.

5) Or you could modify program test.exe from the library to add a modality filter.

Marcel

• Hi, thanks for the reply.
    The only option that I feel I can dabble with is option 2) since I have used export converters before.
    The only problem I can see, is that my export converters are invoked only when the conquest server on which I have them running receive a certain study.
    So my question is how can I get the export converter on a whole bunch of patient folders residing in a directory.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!