ODBC Access Driver Bug ?

• First of all, I would thank a lot Marcel van Herk and Lambert Zijp for their great, great, great work.

We are currently developing a DICOM viewer designed to visualize and measure radiographic pictures stored in the PACS Conquest.
    You notified in the Conquest documentation that when reaching 25,000 pictures the database size grow very quickly, and once a size of 2 Gbytes is reached no more pictures can be added.
    We have encountered the same issue. Using Access Jet Engine “repair and compression” function (through Visual Basic, for exemple) we managed to divided the database size by more than four. Could Access ODBC driver or Conquest PACS generate useless spaces in the database ?

Using “repair and compress” function once a day (or week) massively decrease database size and greatly increase the number of pictures Access can deal with.

While developing another software using Access Database we encountered the same problem while successively adding and removing records. Access doesn’t physically suppress records but marks them as non usable and only suppress them when a “compress and repair” is achieved.
    Could Conquest be executing the same kind of operation (successive adding and removing) when archiving a DICOM file ?

Anyway, a simple Access Jet Engine function call resolved the problem.

PS : Please forgive my numerous mistakes, I am French !

• Hi,

conquest tries to update existing records (except delete/rewrite), but may not always exceed. I will later check on my dbase install how much deleted records there are. If this is small, your report might indeeed indicate a bug.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!