HELP: Nightly Move Not Working

• I am using 1.4.13 and wanted to try out the nightly move feature. I set up the additional MAG device as shown below, but nothing happens at 2am. Can anyone point out what I might have done wrong? Additionally, I like the flexibility of the dgate options although they are still somewhat cryptic. How can I, in a command-line, move 5Gig of data to another MAG device? Something like dgate -as5000 -am0,1 ?

Here's the snippet of dicom.ini:
    # Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = Z:\dicom\incoming\
    MAGDevice1 = y:\dicom\
    NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0
    NightlyMoveThreshhold = 5000
    NightlyMoveTarget = MAG1

Thanks in advance! -Scott

• Yeah, but the space free is like 2.5G. It should be kicking in at 2am since the command says to leave 5G free, but it is not. When I run the Show Free Space command from the GUI it shows:

------------------- Show free space on devices --------------------
    [SMISTORE] ** MAG DEVICE CHECK
    [SMISTORE]
    [SMISTORE] Free space on MAG Device 0 := 2445 MByte
    [SMISTORE] Free space on MAG Device 1 := 26121 MByte

So shouldn't it working? What can I check?

Also, specifically, if the 2am process isn't kicking in, what can I run from the command line to force it to work?

• Marcel, I figured out why the manual command-line dgate commands were not working: the -as5000 is in bytes, not kilobytes. When I changed it to -as5000000, it worked.

Unfortunately, the "scheduled" nightly move still does not kick in. Did you ever check the Delphi code? Can I schedule a windows task to run the 2 commands?

I appreciate your time. -Scott

• Hi,

I just added a MAG1 to dicom.ini from a server version 1.4.13 (windows version, DBASEIII database), and started the GUI. Then I set "move below" to a little less than my free disk space (to 8000 MB) and saved settings; then I set the clock to 02:00 and I get this in my maintenance.log:

MoveDataToDevice: moving 775 MB to: c:\dicomserver\data2\
    [CONQUESTSRV1] MoveDataToDevice: copied image data for patient: 00152
    etc.

So it just works. But the GUI must be open at 02:00 AM to make it work. What are your settings? Mine are:

MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = C:\dicomserver\data\
    MAGDevice1 = c:\dicomserver\data2\
    NightlyMoveThreshhold = 8000
    NightlyMoveTarget = MAG1

Marcel

• If conquest is running as a service, why would the GUI need to be open? I never knew the GUI had to be up!

Here's my settings:

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = Z:\dicom\incoming\
    MAGDevice1 = y:\dicom\
    NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0
    NightlyMoveThreshhold = 5000
    NightlyMoveTarget = MAG1

Scott

• So in a nutshell, the gui is not just a human-friendly representation of the dicom.ini and dgate monitor with a few keystroke saving features. It controls the automated/scheduled processes as well.

Do you just recommend running the gui minimized at all times?

Is this in the documentation?

Thanks. I think we're getting close to fixing this for us! -Scott

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!