Conquest Linux save logfile

• Hello,

i use my conquest under linux.
    i want to know where the logfile is?

i start dgate as an daemn with the start-stop-daemon under debian.

here is my script:

should i add an parameter with the path to the logfile?
    greez
    sf

• thanks for this info:

by the "start-stop-daemon" you musst do "--" bevor

linke:

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --oknodo --chdir /opt/conquest --background --make-pidfile $PIDFILE --pidfile $PIDFILE --startas $DAEMON -- -^/opt/conquest/logfile

Question:

do this logfile "auto-rotate" or is it LIMI in it's size.?
    greez

• I use the following start/stop script.

Bash
    #!/bin/bash## conquest-pacs.sh SysV init script for Conquest PACS.## Written by Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels>.# Modified for Debian GNU/Linux by Ian Murdock <imurdock>.# Customized for Conquest by Mark Pearson <markp>## HOME and PACSUSER should be the only variables that may need to be modified.#PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin# Modify HOME to suit your environment.HOME=/usr/local/conquest# This is the user to run as. Modify it if you don't use username conquest.PACSUSER=conquestDAEMON=$HOME/dgateINI=$HOME/dicom.iniNAME=conquest_pacs.sh# All defaults here will be overridden by values from $HOME/dicom.iniSTATUSLOG=$HOME/serverstatus.logPORT=104DESC="Conquest PACS Server"STOPPACS=$HOME"/dgate --quit:"STARTAS=$DAEMONtest -f $DAEMON || echo "Cannot find $DAEMON" exit 0test -f $INI || echo "Cannot find $INI" exit 0set -eif grep "TCPPort" $INI > /dev/null ; then PORT=`egrep -i '^*TCPPort *= ' $INI | sed 's/\r//' | awk '{ print $3}'`fiif [ $PORT -le 1024 ]; then test -f /usr/bin/authbind || echo "authbind is needed for access to ports < 1024" exit 0 STARTAS="/usr/bin/authbind "fiif grep -is "^ *StatusLog" $INI > /dev/null ; then STATUSLOG=`egrep -i '^*StatusLog' $INI | sed 's/\r//' | awk '{ print $3}'`fiPIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.$PORT.pidif [ $STARTAS = $DAEMON ]; then ARGS=" -^$STATUSLOG"else ARGS="$DAEMON -^$STATUSLOG"ficase "$1" in start) if [ -f $HOME/disable_autostart ]; then echo "Not starting $DESC: disabled via $HOME/disable_autostart" exit 0 fi echo -n "Starting $DESC: " start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE \ --chuid $PACSUSER --chdir $HOME --exec $DAEMON \ --startas $STARTAS --background -- $ARGS echo "$NAME." ;; stop) echo -n "Stopping $DESC: " cd $HOME $STOPPACS start-stop-daemon --oknodo --stop --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE \ --exec $DAEMON -- $ARGS echo "$NAME." echo ;; restart|force-reload) echo -n "Restarting $DESC: " start-stop-daemon --stop --oknodo --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE \ --exec $DAEMON -- $ARGS sleep 1 start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE \ --chuid conquest --chdir $HOME --exec $DAEMON -- $ARGS echo "$NAME." ;; *) N=/etc/init.d/$NAME echo "Usage: $N {start|stop|restart|force-reload}" >&2 exit 1 ;;esacexit 0

For security reasons I have added a user "conquest" and the package authbind to allow access to priveleged ports.
    I added the following entries to dicom.ini:
    HomeDir = /usr/local/conquest
    StatusLog = /var/log/conquest/NMPACS.serverstatus.log
    TroubleLog = /var/log/conquest/NMPACS.PacsTrouble.log

The file /etc/cron.weekly/conquest_rotate does weekly log rotation for me.

This copes with multiple pacs instances on the same host. The advantage of using savelog is that old logfiles are compressed.
    It should be quite simple to edit the files to have executable or log in /opt.
    Also, don't forget to set the appropriate file permissions for the user that runs conquest.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!