best way to migrate a server

• Hello everyone,
    finally the space on the server is down to almost nothing from 1.8Tb.

I created a network drive with almost 6Tb for future studies.

my conquest version is an older one but never needed to upgrade it.

I went to the setting page and I selected the new drive where to store the studies.

my problem is that when I want to retrieve the old studies it does not find them...so I had to move the drive selection back to the original one.

This is how I am thinking about resolving the issue:

I would like to install a 2nd instance of of the conquest server (call it CTSCAN2) and use that with the new drive while leaving the old one (CTSCAN) just for retrieval purposes.

Can two instances of conquest (CTSCAN and CTSCAN2) live together on the same machine?

Or should I move all the studies to the new drive? How would I go about doing that?

Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

PS:
    Marcel, outstanding work, as usual.

• This is what I am using:

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    ImportConverter0 = storage MAGDevice1
    # the line above forces conquest to save everything on new drive H
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = G:\CTSCAN\data\
    MAGDevice1 = H:\CONQUEST_IMAGES2\CTSCAN2\data\
    # the line above describes the new drive
    NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0

I am not completely sure what the MAGDeviceThreshold = 0 or the NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0 do.

is the first instruction saying:"don't stop saving until you reach zero space?" if so, should it be removed since I am forcing studies to go to MAGDevice1?

• These values mean:

MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    Oldest data from a magdevice is deleted if the amount of MB comes below this value (o is never clean)

MAGDeviceFullThreshHold = 30
    When the amount of MB is below this value, data is no longer written to this device, and the next one (if any) is chosen.

IgnoreMAGDeviceThreshold = 0
    Use 1 when the server does not report the free space correctly; assumes always enough space

NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0
    Oldest data from magdevices is deleted if the amount of MB comes below this value (o is never clean)

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!