Re-compress data on disk

• I have an old installation of Conquest which I recently upgraded to 1.4.13.
    The images on the disk are currently in un-compressed format and i would like to compress them using jpeg lossless compression.

Is there any way that I can do this on the local machine?
    I can only seem to figure out how to compress in-coming images, but not the existing images on the disk.

I am also wanting to migrate from the DBaseIII driver to mySQL is there any documentation on migrating. I have thought of just installing the MySQL driver for conquest and doing a device regen, but there are over 5 million images on the disk and I am scared this may take longer than a weekend to achieve.

• Hi,

to recompress you have to retransmit the data to another server (unless the filenames are already *.dcm), and that will take care of the database as well....

If the filenames are already *.dcm you can tranmit the data to itself to recompress, preferably a bit at the time (use the patientid, patientid, etc) option of the query move page.

Alternatively, a database regen can be done (or tested) fom another machine (by setting MAGDEVICE0 appropriately) or another server on the same machine without disrupting server operation. Then, you just have to regen recent files that it may have missed with dgate --regendir before you switch over.

Marcel

• Hello, Marcel!

Please advice how to compress previously saved un-compressed images that are moved onto one single drive (MAG1) whereas it is not needed to compress studies located on other drives (MAG0)?

Thanks in advance!

urry

• Hi,

compression is done by resending data to the server itself. Images stored as .V2 files can be NKI compressed this way; when stored as .DCM files, you can compress then as JPG. There is no mechanism to do this based on MAG device, other than making a comma separated list of patient ID's on MAG1 and pasting this in the query/move page.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!