DICOM RT objects

• Does anybody have experience with using a PACS for DICOM RT objects (Radio Therapy) in general?
    Is there a possibility of using k-pacs to store DICOM-RT ? objects and, most important, to view RT Objects using k-pacs?

Frank

• Hi Andreas,
    yes, Conquest is able to store DICOM RT, but the problem is again the viewing of RT objects. Most of the professsional PACS can store RT objects but can't visualize them!
    I've read something about needing a RT-workstation, but havn't found a product yet!

Regards Frank

• Hi Frank and Andreas,

We are using K-Pacs to query our RT-PACS. The RT-PACS server runs PacsOne as pacs software and it stores all Dicom-RT objects.

Our main problem is finding a viewer to view RT objects. K-Pacs retreives and stores them no problem. I can even use the modify function on RT objects. It would be nice if the viewing of RT objects could be added to K-Pacs in the future.

Regards, Norman

• I use my freeware DicoRView as "external viewer" in Conquest.
    See the screenshots and tips in members.aol.com/hscheurig/1/dicorview.htm
    Regards Hubert

Quote from Anonymous

Hi Andreas,
    yes, Conquest is able to store DICOM RT, but the problem is again the viewing of RT objects. Most of the professsional PACS can store RT objects but can't visualize them!
    I've read something about needing a RT-workstation, but havn't found a product yet!

Regards Frank

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!