Access violation......?

• Has anyone ever received an:

Access violation at address 77FCB0C8 is module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 404E27E6.

while browsing in the Browse Database tab. This is on a Win2K server machine. I have tried multiple databases - MSSQL2005, MSSQL 7.0, SQLite, Conquest 1.4.13, and Conquest 1.4.12c?

Online, I have run across the error in regards to corrupt ntdll.dll, and issue with Delphi and an empty list box (don't think it is this one given Conquest stabilty seen to date). Any ideas?

I am down to reloading the OS from scratch. Thanks.

• Hi,

Never seen it, I use win2K all the time (not server though). Any more clues on when this happens?

To help locate the problem please first disable the bitmap display.
    You could effectively disable this by setting LargeFileSizeKB in dicom.ini to 1.

If that does not help disable the BDE by finding IDAP32.DLL (usually in program files\borland shared\BDE) and temp rename it.

A full drwatson log could also be helpful (the stack trace might point to the culprit).

Please let me know the results.

Marcel

• Sorry for the delayed response.
    It looks like the issue is the attempted display of a series generated by one of Siemens third party applications. These are encoded as "Results" files and generally do not display in the browser as anything - at times the browser will display the header in the window, other times a series of offset vertical lines. I don't expect them to display, given communication with the vender. It is not a problem that they do not display and has not been an issue on our clincal Conquest systems.
    The access violation appeared on one of my research systems and it appears only with these Results files generated for data from a few specific nuclear medicine devices. And from somewhat legacy version of the third party processing software.
    Short story long, disabling the bit map display with LargeFileSizeKB = 1 solves the problem.
    Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!