Is there any bug in 1.4.13 with Transfer Syntax

• Hi all,

When I try to transfer syntax Little Endian Implisit VR everything OK, but
    if I try Little Endian Explicit VR, Big Endian Explicit VR, Little Endian Implisit VR transfer syntax squence from client; response of ConQuest Server 1.4.13 is wrong.

When I try both above with ConQuest Server 1.4.12c everything OK.

Kubilay Sonmez

• Hi Kubilay,

Looks pretty serious. What do you mean with "wrong"? Do you mind also trying 1.4.13alpha and 1.4.13beta, to see when your problem appeared? What OS are you using?

Also I did a brief test of windows versions of 1.4.13 and 1.4.12c with DVTk (ECHO_SCU). To me it appears that:

1) Depending on jpeg support LittleEndianExplicit is either or not enabled (see dgatesop.lst). It may not be enabled in your new setup? Both in 1.4.12c and 1.4.13 it works correctly - accepted and working when enabled, rejected when disabled.

2) In both versions BigEndianExplicit is disabled and rejected correctly. If you enable it in dgatesop.lst it does NOT work in either versions - the association starts and seems to work, but the server hangs. So please consider BigEndianExplicit as not supported for now (To my knowledge it has never been).

If you could reproduce your problem with DVTk that would be great. I would like to collect test scenarios.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

First of all thanks for great support.

I am developing Dicom viewer and PACS server under MS Windows and Visual Studo 2005.

I was use Offis DCMTK. Server of that toolkit (dcmqrscp.exe) use linear indexig instead of SQL server and limited 500 study and so I want to change server side with your dgate.exe. (I am planing to change both side server and client.) Detailed description of my problem is below:

1- If the client side send to ConQuest server 1.4.13 below squence while association request

(0002,0010) "1.2.840.10008.1.2.1"
    (0002,0010) "1.2.840.10008.1.2.2"
    (0002,0010) "1.2.840.10008.1.2"

That mean try Explicit VR Little Endian transfer syntax if not supported by the other side try Explicit VR Big Endian transfer syntax if not supported try Implicit VR Little Endian transfer syntax. Last transfer syntax is the default transfer syntax and have to supported. If ConQuest server 1.4.13 not supported Explicit VR Little Endian transfer syntax it have to reject and contiue to try other transfer syntaxes. (If am I wrong please correct.)
    It rejected Explicit VR Little Endian transfer syntax but not continue to test other transfer syntaxes. Log is below:

And client side show:

Patient ID Patient Name Patient Sex
    30 48 4f
    47 41 4d

But if I use ConQuest server 1.4.12c as the server log is below:

And client side show

Patient ID Patient Name Patient Sex
    0009703828 HEAD EXP2 O

2- If the client side send to ConQuest server 1.4.13 and 1.4.12c both below squence while association request

(0002,0010) "1.2.840.10008.1.2"

both server work correctly.
    3- I don't change any files except Known DICOM providers both 1.4.13 and 1.4.12c they are same as downloaded.
    4-I don't use jpeg NKI or RLL compration.
    5- I don't test 1.4.13alpha and 1.4.13beta already. I am newbie on ConQuest.
    6- I don't have DVTk already. I can't connect http://www.dvtk.org (maybe internet connection problem) so I can't test with DVTk already when I get it I will test.

Kubilay Sonmez[/code]

• Hi,

I see no difference between 1.4.12c and 1.4.13: both misbehave for LittleEndianExplicit.

I guess that you have LittleEndianImplicit enabled for 1.4.13 and not for 1.4.12c - maybe an issue with our install program. In any case I made a fix that will make the server work correctly for LittleEndianExplicit. This will be in the next release. Please disable LittleEndianExplicit for now.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!