Querying my institution's server on the command line

• First, thank you, everyone, for the helpful posts/CMake files that made it possible to compile conquest without TOO much hassle. It seems my mysql database has been installed correctly:

$ ./dgate -v -r
    Regen Database
    Step 1: Re-intialize SQL Tables
    Creating index on field 13 for ./data/dbase/DICOMSeries.DBF with 1 records
    Index for ./data/dbase/DICOMSeries.DBF finished in 1000 ms; total space = 2500001 records
    Dropping Existing tables (if-any)
    Worklist is empty
    Dropping worklist
    Dropping other tables
    WorkList Database
    Patient Database
    Study Database
    Series Database
    Image Database
    Step 2: Load / Add DICOM Object files
    Regen Device 'MAG0'
    [Regen] ./data/HEAD_EXP_00097038/0001_002000_892665661.v2 -SUCCESS
    [Regen] ./data/HEAD_EXP_00097038/0001_003000_892665662.v2 -SUCCESS
    Regeneration Complete

... So that is good. Also, I did this:

$ ./dgate -v -t
    This output is generated by the dicom server application
    If you can read this, the console communication is OK
    This is systemdebug output; can you read this ?
    This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing --
    ---------- Succesful end of test -----------

...So that is good, too.

Now, I want to query my server for a study. I'm not so sure how to do this. In Windows, it's as easy as that "Query" button; in Linux, on the command line, I'm not so sure. Does anyone have any insights about how to query the server for all its entries (the equivalent of leaving all the fields blank in the GUI version of CQ in Windows.)

Oh, and I changed the acrnema.map to include my server:
    $ cat acrnema.map
    CONQUESTSRV1 127.0.0.1 5678 as
    MOUNTHOOD 137.xx.xx.xx 104 un
    AIRC-1 137.xx.xx.xx 104 un

(The "x"'s are actual #'s in the file, I just decided to omit them in the post.)

Thank you!!

-Daniel

• Hi, some command line tools exist but they are not so well documented nor user friendly.

Try:

dgate "--studyfinder:conquestsrv1|t|%s %s %s"

where t is a part of name or patient ID.

Or:

dgate "--query:dicomstudies|PatientID||%s"

Marcel

• I tried both of the commands above with no (?) success. However, there is no output at all on the command line (even with the "-v" switch), so I'm not really sure if the query worked, and the results are dumped to a file somewhere, or if it didn't work at all. Is there a way to print out a verbose result of the query to stdin/out?

Is there much documentation for dgate that I haven't found (I didn't find anywhere that lists the type of syntax you use in the above examples). Thankyou for your help, again!!

-Daniel

• For the manual: dgate -?

I ran the commands on a windows/linux machine where they worked. By the way, the server (dgate -v) needs to run (in the background) for dgate -- commands to work.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!