How to transfer images?

• I have installed a ConQuest server and KPacs on my PC.

I can send images from ConQest to my KPacs and
    I can send images from my KPacs to ConQuest with the "transfer" button.

But how can I "download" images from the ConQuest server?
    ( Query the ConQuest server and stoting the images in the local box)

• Actually, the move request (retrieve) will be started with doubleclicking a study in the query grid or clicking the "viewer" button.

What does Conquest write in the server status section when you try to query and retrieve a study? Most of the time, a failed retrieve is caused by Conquest not recognizing the target AET. If this is the case you well find a communication log like this:

[CONQUESTSRV2] UPACS THREAD 1: STARTED AT: Tue Jun 28 11:45:33 2005
    [CONQUESTSRV2] Calling Application Title : "KPacsMove "
    [CONQUESTSRV2] Called Application Title : "CONQUESTSRV2 "
    [CONQUESTSRV2] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1"
    [CONQUESTSRV2] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.2.1"
    [CONQUESTSRV2] Presentation Context 1 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.2.2"
    [CONQUESTSRV2] C-Move Destination: "KPServer"
    [CONQUESTSRV2] Number of Images to send: 43
    [CONQUESTSRV2] Host 'KPServer' did not accept the connection
    [CONQUESTSRV2] C-Move (StudyRoot)
    [CONQUESTSRV2] UPACS THREAD 1: ENDED AT: Tue Jun 28 11:45:34 2005
    [CONQUESTSRV2] UPACS THREAD 1: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 1 SECONDS

In the example case, Conquest tries to send images to KPServer, but communication fails. You have to make shure that Conquest "knows" the traget's AET, IP and Port. Compare the settings in "Known dicom providers" with the ones of your K-PACS installation.

Another problem that could occur is caused by space padded directory-names. K-PACS currently does not support spaces in it's installation directory. Example: 'c:\program files\k-pacs' will not work and lead to problems like failing retrieve or queries!. In this case uninstall K-PACS via system settings/software and reinstall it to a directory like c:\k-pacs\. The name of the imagebox folder is involved as well.

Btw.: the bugfix for Conquest retrieval problems, that I talked about in some older postings is already implemented in all new versions. Therefore I deleted this posting.

Regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!