Port Number Limitations

• I need to replace a node on our network with the CONQUEST Server. One of our annoying vendors requires that a service engineer change DICOM nodes, so instead we will replace the machine at that node with a CONQUEST DICOM Server.

I've run into a problem though. The node is on port number 50089. It seems that CONQUEST crashes with ports set higher than 9999.

Is there a work around? I don't mind recompiling the software, I am just not sure where in the code that limitation creeps in.

R Williams, MD

• I don't think the limit comes from Conquest. I can use port 50089 on my linux system without any problems. I don't have access to windows system at the moment to do other testing.

I could be a privilege problem and may also depend on the version of windows you are using and the rights of the user. More details of your setup would be useful.

• Windows XP Service Pack 2
    Conquest DICOM Server 1412c
    Administrator rights

Ports up to 9999 NO PROBLEM

Port 10000 and presumably above. Server fails to start on Windows.

This is likely a known limit because the Windows GUI won't let you enter a port higher than 9999. It is useful to know that it works under LINUX because in the end, that will be our target for deployment.

My need to use port 50089 will go away if I can persuade the powers that be to change things to a lower port. They won't consider any PACS changes until after their summer vacations.

Thanks for your input.

RW

• Hi,

dicom.ini does not set a limit. It is just the edit box in the GUI that has four places. However, this means that the GUI does not read its port correctly from dicom.ini and some or all internal functions do not work - like the 'running' check. However, the server itself and the query.move page just work. Maybe ok for an intermediate solution.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!