No transfer syntax??

• I've been using the conquest dicom server for some time. I just moved my installation to a new pc and....

images transfered in no longer have the transfer syntax put into the header. Has the world around me changed or have I done something wrong in this installation?

• Quote from marcelvanherk

The syntax in the header should appear when saving to DCM.

Marcel,
    I'm not trying to be thick. I've been looking through the word document and the only way I see to alter what is saved is via the compression flags in the ini, but none of those flags seem to save directly to DCM format.

FWIW those values are currently set to the default.

Once set, I would assume the easy way to "alter" files without the transfer syntax would be to transfer them to a different server, delete them off the current server and drop them back in again?

Thanks for your patience.

• Hi,

It is sometimes hard to get to the core of the question... You have to use another filenamesyntax (e.g., 9) to save the files in DCM format. Then a transfersyntax is created in the header. V2 files no longer carry a transfersyntax. To add a transfer syntax to V2 files, indeed copy or drag and drop into another server that is set to DCM format.

Marcel

• I kludged together something for the old system.

I've finally broken down and installed a new version of Conquest with a new filenamesyntax that saves the files as dcm files instead of v2 files. The conquest server seems to access the dbf files with a bit less overhead.

Homebrewed applications designed around the v2 format don't much care for the new dcm files. In particular tags with the length FFFEE0DD which I guess seems to be called a SequenceDelimitationItem, those tags have a slightly different length than they used to.

Here is my silly question of the month. Other than the file's extension, is there somewhere in the datastream to differentiate between the two types of files?

thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!