Conquest doesn't start anymore

• I have a conquest1412c running MySQL on a windows 2003 server.
    It was working fine. I shut it down, moved the computer(just its physical location, connection is still the same) and then restarted conquest, but it wouldn't start.
    It hangs at the message :

The server is not running properly - maybe the SQL server is not (yet) up

then it follows it by the message

***Restarted dead server after error 12

The only thing that I did is shut down the server. No change in configuration.

I also tried setting up a brand new dicomserver just in case that might solve it. But I get to the second tab and I click on the button "Make ODBC data source" and it hangs for a long time.
    When I did it before, even if the information I provided in the dicom.ini is incorrect it would come back with an error immediately, after which if I click on the button the next time, it just flashes a successful message.

I am starting to think that the shutting down of the 2003 server had done something.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.[/i]

• First thing I would check is if MySQL is actually started, and working properly.

test if you can communicate with it in any way, using GUI for example (or telnet somehow...)

Good luck.

steini.

• The first thing I checked is that the mysql server is running.

But the behaviour of Conquest with MySQL seems to be so unpredictable to me.

I now, have the server running perfectly fine. The problem does persist however.

I went to install a second conquest server and it is acting up again.

First thing I do, is I configure a connection in the MySQL ODBC administrator and I test that it works, which means that the database and the priviliges for its user are set properly.

Then after extracting the dicomserver1412c into a new directory I launch the ConquestDICOMServer.exe and select the SQL server as my database. After I click "Save Configuration", I noticed that it takes a long time for it to save.

In the next tab, testing TCP/IP breezes by, but then the problem is usually the second tab: Make ODBC data source.

Firstly, I get a confirmation box that I want to update the ODBC data source to which I select "Yes", then it asks for the SQL server name where I usually type "localhost".
    Then it asks for the database name and I supply it with that.

Now this is where my dilemma is.
    The very few times I did it and it worked, I used to give it the name of the database and it would come back with an error, because the SQL server name and the username and password in the dicom.ini file are different than the ones I set up. So I go and edit the dicom.ini file and then click on the button "Make ODBC data source" again and it worked fine.

But now, it just hangs. I don't know if I stumbled on a bug or that I am doing something wrong but am not aware of it.

Whoever reads all this is a real trooper and I salute you for it. :)

Thanks.

• Hello Nuccerz.

I did not read your first post carefully enough.

I think you are doing a mistake...
    If you already created ODBC connection to the database (The conquest manual calles this "create ODBC by hand"), you do NOT need to press the "Make ODBC data source" button. (infact should not press it)
    pages 47 and 50 in the manual touch on this.

You should just change your dicom.ini as follows.

SQLServer = Datasource name you selected during your creation of "ODBC by hand"
    Username = The DB username to use.
    Password = The DB password to use.

If you then open up the Conquestserver.exe GUI you should be able to press "verify database installation" and you should see 10 tables or something created and dropped.

Installation in short....
    Unzip files to C:\dicomserver.
    Install MySQL
    Create (System) ODBC data source.
    Start conquestDicomserver.exe, select ODBC.
    Save configuration
    Exit conquestdicomserver.exe
    edit dicom.ini
    start conquestDicomserver.exe
    press verify database installation
    press regenerate database.

That should do it.

Hope this helps.

steini.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!