FDA Approval

• I've been struggling with the FDA approved rating for some time and am curious what the implications are. I'd love to find the information that clearly outlines the requirements for usage.

I justify using Conquest with 2 statements, 1.) because I am not manipulating the actual image (everything I do is uncompressed) then all I am doing is storing and routing images, and 2. what I am storing is temporary until I decide on a FDA approved PACS.

For me temporary could be 10 years and until that time, or unless there is some information that I clearly what I am doing is wrong, then I'll probably continue to do what I do.

Does anyone know what the effort is to get something FDA approved and if that effort is really is one of cost, I wonder if someone funded it, would Marcel consider that?

• I don't think FDA approval is needed unless you do image manipulation. If you store images on Conquest as uncompressed I believe there is no FDA approval required. If you store images using compression then I think some approval is needed. (I do like the 10 year "temporary" installation idea though)

This is what I have heard from several people in the industry. Maybe someone has more info on this...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!