K-PACS running on Terminal Server

• I've been struggling with deploying a web interface to Conquest and have been testing K-PACS remotely running under Windows Terminal Server.

I am pleased with the performance and the functionality it provides for remote physicians. The feedback I have received is that it is great. When running under Terminal Server a user just needs to take their time as screen refreshes are a bit slower than running K-PACS on a desktop.

My concern is when multiple users attempt to run K-PACS at the same time. Because they are sharing a common directory structure will it cause problems?

Does K-PACS support a multi-user environment and if not, can it be setup to do so?

I am curious if anyone else has tested this under Terminal Server and if they had such great performance as I am having?

• Andreas,

I did test with multiple TS sessions downloading and viewing different images at the same time. Does not appear to be a conlfict.

When utilizing the ROI function in K-PACS it seems that on a traditional terminal the function works well but under TS the results vary. The same results will often appear at various points which obviously should not return the same value.

How are you making your calculation? Is it reading the actual image or is it reading a pixel count?

Thanks

carl

• When we tried running kpac or the trial version of iqview on our terminal server we could not perform many functions including export jpegs or email images unless the user was logged on as administrator. This poses a problem for us. Is there any way to resolve this so the program is fully functional regardless of who is logged on the computer?
    thanks

Nick Shaw DVM
    Shaw Pet and Equine Hospitals
    1782 Stelly's Cross Rd Saanichton BC Canada
    V8M 1S8

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!