Blurred DCM images?

• Hi all,

I have a Logiq 400 ultrasound machine. I am able to transfer DICOM images from it (one at a time though) using DCMTK and K-PACS. But the images come out to be blurred. I used eFilm for the same machine and images are crystal clear. I don't want to use eFilm though. Any help will be a great support to me.

Thank you,
    Malay Thakershi

• It depends on many variables.
    At what apparent size are you viewing the images? (Same size in e-film and k-pacs?)

Normal US image size is 640x480 pixels, if you view it whole screen in a 1024x768 display, bluriness will depend on the used interpolation algorithm.

Regards, Rafael

• Actually my images are 462X608 pixels. They are not that huge and I am not zooming in/out (keeping 1:1).

6-8 months back I had received files from the same machine and they look perfect. However, I don't recall which DICOM server I used at that time to get these images.

But anyways, does 'transfer syntax uid' has to do anything with this?

In the images that I can see clear:
    0002,0010,Transfer Syntax UID=1.2.840.10008.1.2.

In the blurred ones:
    0002,0010,Transfer Syntax UID=1.2.840.10008.1.2.2.

If this is the issue, how can I set it to the previous value.

I am very thankful for your help.

Malay

• Thank you.

It took some time but I figured out the issue is with the transfer syntax. Now I am running DCMTK with implicit little endian flag and images are perfect.

Thank you 'RafaelS' for help too.

Malay

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!