Indexes in MSDE database

• Hi everybody:
    I'm a newbie user and I have just installed the Conquest server with ODBC to free MSDE database.
    Why just created tables are not indexed?. Wouldn't querys be faster?
    Thanks to Marcel and Lambert (and everybody) for their great efforts and their nice project.

• I use MSDEEX86.EXE v2.4.1.0.
    I can see the tables using a project MSAccess. No one has primary key nor indexed fields. :?
    The same happens if I try to retrieve them using ADODB.OpenSchema.
    I'm sure they will be there. Am I doing anything wrong?
    Javier

• Which version of conquest do you use, and which database driver was selected upon install. It appears to have used dgate -v -r1 (regen without indices), but that should only happen for dbase through odbc. If your database is still small try "dgate -v -r" from a command prompt in the server directory and see if the indices appear then.

Marcel

• Marcel:
    With dgate -v-r Conquest v1.4.12c has created primary keys in the tables. I have installed again the ODBC driver for SQL Server (SQLSRV32.DLL v2000.85.1117.00) and I have created a new database and then the indexes appear again, in this case, from the GUI.

Probably I have a problem with the ODBC configuration. I hope I solve them.
    Thank's very much.

Javier

• Hi
    I continue with problems? with MSDE database. The tables' names in conquest are dbo.patients, dbo.studies, etc. Why? The first INIT and regeneration there are error messages of type:

------------------- Start database init and regeneration --------------------
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Regen Database
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Step 1: Re-intialize SQL Tables
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Failed SQLExecDirect : SELECT DICOMWorkList.PatientID FROM DICOMWorkList
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Error: 208: S0002: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'DICOMWorkList'.
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Failed SQLExecDirect : DROP TABLE DICOMWorkList
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Error: 3701: S0002: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot drop the table 'DICOMWorkList', because it does not exist in the system catalog.
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Failed SQLExecDirect : DROP TABLE DICOMPatients
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Error: 3701: S0002: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot drop the table 'DICOMPatients', because it does not exist in the system catalog.
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Failed SQLExecDirect : DROP TABLE DICOMStudies
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Error: 3701: S0002: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot drop the table 'DICOMStudies', because it does not exist in the system catalog.
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Failed SQLExecDirect : DROP TABLE DICOMSeries
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Error: 3701: S0002: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot drop the table 'DICOMSeries', because it does not exist in the system catalog.
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Failed SQLExecDirect : DROP TABLE DICOMImages
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Error: 3701: S0002: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot drop the table 'DICOMImages', because it does not exist in the system catalog.
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Failed SQLExecDirect : DROP TABLE UIDMODS
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Error: 3701: S0002: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot drop the table 'UIDMODS', because it does not exist in the system catalog.
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Step 2: Load / Add DICOM Object files
    [CONQUESTSRV1] [Regen] C:\dicomserver\Data\HEAD_EXP_00097038\0001_002000_892665661.v2 -SUCCESS
    [CONQUESTSRV1] [Regen] C:\dicomserver\Data\HEAD_EXP_00097038\0001_003000_892665662.v2 -SUCCESS
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Regeneration Complete
    ---------------

It seems logic because the table????s names begin with dbo. But, is this a problem?. A second INIT is OK and the server runs fine.
    I yet work with the sample data.

Javier

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!