DebugLevel When running as service

• OK, I did a bit of guessing and found out how to get it working. I do have a follow up though.

To get it working, i simply ran "dgate.exe --debug_logon:debug.txt" from the command prompt to get it to write to a text file. This applied the change to my actively running service.

My question is: Can I get the debug data to be passed to the OperatorConsole object? I'm currently using named pipes for the output. Putting in the same named pipe value as I have for OperatorConsole seems to still pass data but loses all of the original output I was getting.

I noticed in dgate.cpp (line 8476) that the two options are OnUDP() (if you pass a number between 0 and 9 for the first char) and On(). Am I out of luck since the OnMsgPipe() function isn't in that conditional statement?

• Hi,

Which GUI are you using? Didn't even know the named pipes stuff still worked. I will build the feature in for the next release: add the named pipe option to <log_on> and <debuglog_on>.

For now you maybe can get the service to display debug info permanently by installing the service with something like:

dgateserv.exe /service CONQUESTSRV1 /exename "c:\dicomserver\dgateserv.exe /process dgate.exe -U\\.\pipe\MessagePipe" /install

and set DebugLevel in dicom.ini

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the reply. It's a self written GUI in .NET which listens on a named pipe to the output from dgate.exe's OperatorConsole.

I haven't ever tried to recompile the source for dgate. I don't suppose you have a how-to on the forum somewhere that you could point me to? I'm developing on a Windows XP machine.

I see exactly where the check for the PATHSEPCHAR would go in the code for <log_on> and <debuglog_on> but don't have much knowledge of using makefiles and whatnot. Any help you could pass along would be great. Otherwise, i guess i'm stuck until a new release comes out.

Thanks again,
    Keith

• Yes, I did, and that does seem to work. Thank you for that.

I would, however, like to turn it off/on on the fly so that I'm only outputting debug data when troubleshooting and the basic logging other times.

No worries, I can wait for the new version.

So, I'm guessing there's no "how to", list of application used, or helper guide on recompiling the source?

Thanks,
    Keith

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!