Dicom Q/R - manuals

• Hi!

I can't find how to download a users manual for K-Pacs. The link in the forum to the manuals does not work, is there another?

I am trying to set up a K-Pacs workstation to test. I want to Query an archive as well as two modalities (CT & MR). I set up the modalities and I can query them (see the list of exams) but can not retrieve the images. C-Move fails ... so I need the manuals to see if I'm missing something obvious or if I need to set something up on the modalities.

Thanks
    Michael

• Still no luck. I set up K-Pacs to query the server too. After setting up K-Pacs within the server I can now query and see a list of patients. Still no luck in pulling across the images though.

So, "Server" is set up in the DICOM Configuration under the Query/Retrieve Tab.
    Echo succeeds to "Server".
    I can check "Server" on the Network Tab under Query and click Today.
    I am returned a list of all the patients done today.
    I check a patient that I want to view and click on viewer.
    I get the flashing green arrow that I assume means downloading but nothing ever happens.
    If I check the 'Jobs' button I see the c-Move failed.

Any help would be appreciated.

• You're not in a situation with a firewall - either hardware or software - between K-Pacs and the server which would block the IP port you have selected? I have had that problem where BlackIce Defender has been rolled out to our workstations and by policy blocks all but a few of the privileged ports (below 1024). Changing from port 104 to 1040 cured that for us.

• "So, "Server" is set up in the DICOM Configuration under the Query/Retrieve Tab.
    Echo succeeds to "Server".
    I can check "Server" on the Network Tab under Query and click Today.
    I am returned a list of all the patients done today.
    I check a patient that I want to view and click on viewer.
    I get the flashing green arrow that I assume means downloading but nothing ever happens.
    If I check the 'Jobs' button I see the c-Move failed. "

By "server" what server? Each modality and the Archive should have their own line with AE, IP and Port.

Add Kpserver here on 127.0.0.1 with correct port.
    Add Kpserver to Dicom List on each remote machine (CT/MR/Archive) (ie Kpserver, IP of Kpserver and Port you are using)

Kpserver has to 'Know' each AE and each AE has to "know" kpserver. Sounds like their is a miconfonfigyred port somewhere or, as stated, you have a firewall blocking that port.

Instead of trying to view studies from remote machine, transfer study to local kpserver, then view.

• Thanks for your replies. I will verify that there are no firewalls blocking the port but since I can see a list of patients, I am just unable to pull the images, I don't think that's the case.

I have tested this on my home network, both running K-Pacs. I can push images to from one computer to another but I can not query ... it simply fails. OH, and I verified that port 104 is not blocked on this network.

I was finally able to download the manual and it does tell you how to query a "server" and retireve images but it doesn't work for me. Initially I thought this was a Kodak to K-Pacs issue (that's the 'server' I spoke of) but the same thing seems to happen between two K-Pacs workstations.

Is anyone able to Query/Retrieve from a K-Pacs workstation to a modality or server (archive)?

Again, thanks for all your help!

• Oh, and I tried pushing from the Kodak server to K-Pacs ... I can see the name on K-Pacs strangely enough ... but I can't see the images.

You click on the patient and click on viewer but you never get an image.

That's really odd isn't it?

• K-PACS does not (yet) act as a Q/R SCP, which means that you can not query a K-PACS workstation. To test th server / client behaviour simply install the free Conquest DICOM server and query this one.

To verify that the receiver (Store SCP) works correctly, try to send (push) an image from one K-PACS instance to antother.

if this all works fine but Kodak connection fails we could investigate further with network protocol logging.

Regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!