Multiple servers: How to configure ?

• Hi,

I tried the "hidden option" to install 4 servers on different ports. Got no error message.
    But how can I access and configure the 4 different servers?

Are there 4 different dicom.ini or is there one dicom.ini, which must be edited/scripted ??

..........................................................................................................

[[ There was no further information in an older post:

"You can run multiple servers on the same database and data. We do this on multiple machines in our hospital.
    Alt-right means press alt and right click the "install as service" button. It then install 4 servers on port .... port+3 running on the same database and data. This is experimental but works. Don't expect much improved performance. No side effects as long as the database is good at multi-user operation (ms sql server is)." ]]
    .........................................................................................................

Thanks a lot
    Helmut

• Hi,

the option you tries installs four servers on the same data (e.g., on ports 5678, 5679, etc). To install a server with different data just create a new folder with the install files and make sure you select another port when setting up.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

sure.

But I think the "hidden option method" is very smart to get four independent instances of servers.
    I just want to configure each of them differently with some import and export filters. That is for testing and troubleshooting
    purposes.

Thanks a lot
    Helmut

• Hi,

I do not think this is possible. You can, however, try to install multiple dicom servers (in different folders, i.e., with different config files), and point them at the same data and database. This works for mssql, and probably works mysql, and pgsql as well. Let me know if this works for sqlite. It will NOT work for dbaseIII due to the in-memory index.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!