Viewing DICOM RT structure sets on browsers

• I am a radiation oncologist developing a free online course for anatomical structures required for target delineation in radiation therapy funded by the RSNA. I would like to show DICOM-RT structure sets through a browser for those enrolled in the course. Is this possible with ConQuest? We have limited coding support.

• Hi,

conquest supports a simple browser interface but does not show RTSTRUCTS other than as a header listing. I am not aware of a full fledged dicom-rt viewer - that is what you need - that is freely available. In principle showing rtstructs could be coded into the browser interface but that would be a major task. Images are shown through a WADO request - generated in js code in wadoseriesviewer.lua. I guess that WADO call, processed in dgate.cppm, could be extentend to overlay an RTSTRUCT. But it would be a major task.

Marcel

• Hi,

the Weasis team (me included) started to work on open source dicom-rt-plugin:

https://github.com/nroduit/Weasis/tree/dicom-rt-plugin

it is still under the development but the RTSTRUCT rendering should be stable enough. The plugin is for new unreleased Weasis branch (3.0.x) as it leverage OpenCV library for image processing. The conquest startup scripts will need to be adapted to allow launch of new Weasis because the DICOM study manifest for WADO data loading changed slightly.

best

Tomas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!