Problem connecting to Varian

• I've been having a problem with Conquest where when files are C-STORE'd to
    Conquest, they are modified. In particular, the following 6 attributes are added:

7FE0,0000

Attempts to import them into our treatment planning system fails.

I've attached one slice of the series before and after to show the difference. As a
    convenience, there is also a text listing for before and after versions, and another
    text file showing the differences.

Is there something wrong with DICOM or maybe a workaround?

FYI, we generated the files using ITK. Fields before anonymization:

0002,0013 SH 1 ImplementationVersionName : GDCM 2.0.17
    0002,0016 AE 1 SourceApplicationEntityTitle : GDCM/ITK 4.4.2

The version I'm using is 1.4.17, released 20130517. Maybe a newer version fixes this?

Thanks for any insight - Jim

• When the files were sent to a different PACS and then imported into the planning system (Varian Eclipse) they
    worked fine, so it looked like ConQuest was the problem. ConQuest appears to add the group lengths while the
    other PACS don't, so I assumed that they in turn were the problem, though this reasoning could be faulty.

The planning system emits the vague error message:

S003: (W) 2017/02/07 14:50:34.185 [14240] Move failed or incomplete.

which tells me nothing.

So it looks like there is a special case of incompatibility for this particular file between ConQuest and Varian, which
    means that it is impossible to definitively attribute the problem to either side.

Sorry for wasting your time - Jim.

• Hi Jim,

No proble - here to help.

So what exactly are you trying to do? Do a move initiated from Varian from Conquest to Varian? I have been struggling to make Varian and Conquest work, so any information is useful. Can you get me a full debug log of conquest (latest version). This may help resolve the issue.

Marcel

• I have to go through special channels to get the ConQuest logs, but once I did they pointed out that Varian was
    denying the connection, and it was not a fault with the data. This is quite clear and ConQuest did exactly what it should.

Key message:

20170210 14:03:17 Host 'ROCITRIXDEV02' did not accept the connection

Adding ConQuest to that Varian instance fixed it.

Here is the pertinent ConQuest log :

Thanks - Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!