Modify patient name upon export

• I have a Conquest server running where it forwards all studies to SERVER1 and SERVER2. Everything runs fine except SERVER1 rejects studies when there is an apostrophe in the patient's name (such as O'Neill) probably due to the Access database SERVER1 uses. SERVER2 has no problems with these studies. If I manually add a second apostrophe to the patients name (O''Neill) SERVER1 accepts the study and it is stored properly with only one apostrophe. Of course, Conquest handles these studies fine.

My need is to have Conquest store studies with apostrophes unchanged and forward the studies to SERVER2 unchanged, but add a second apostrophe only when forwarding these studies to SERVER1.

I don't think this should be an ImportConverter since I don't want to modify the study Conquest is storing, I only need to modify it under these circumstances to SERVER1 when an apostrophe is encountered. I've been trying to figure out an ExportConverter that can do this but haven't had success. Is this possible?

• Hi,

you can add a script to an exportConverter forward command, which is then run on data that is sent.

Marcel

IE forward full syntax
    [compressed as CC] optional, provide clauses in order
    [to AE|host:port] required, provide clauses in order
    [org AE] calling optional, provide clauses in order
    [dest AE] called optional, provide clauses in order
    [channel N] optional (I only) to keep connection open: N={0..19 or * means distribute channels automatically}
    [script cmd] script to process data; must be last

IE forward [patient|study|series|image] forward command full syntax
    [compressed as xx] set compression
    [date yyyymmdd-yyyymmdd] filter absolute series date range (any study)
    [now -ddd+ddd] filter series date range from now (any study)
    [age -ddd+ddd] filter series date range from passed series (any study) [modality mm] filter modality (any study)
    [imagetype xxxx] filter image type (this study)
    [seriesdesc xxxx] filter series description (this study)
    [study xxx] filter studyUID (any series)
    [series xxx] filter seriesUID (any study)
    [sop xxxx] filter sop (any study)
    [after NN] collect delay in seconds
    [org AE] calling AE
    [dest AE] called AE
    to AE destination
    [script “....”] must be last: script to run on sent objects (“ optional)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!