Ubuntu install: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljpeg

• Hi Marcel, all

On installing 1.4.19beta3 I get the following error after choosing my database type when running maklinux:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljpeg

This is on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.1 server install.

Is there a library that I need to install first?

Thanks

Ed

• I think the errors are mine, do not edit maklinux; Try this instead:

unzip all files to here
    chmod 777 maklinux
    chmod 777 src/dgate/jpeg-6c/configure
    mkdir data/dbase
    ./maklinux

After this dgate works. The webserver not yet, unfortunately.
    try this:

sudo rm /usr/lib/cgi-bin/dgate
    sudo rm /usr/lib/cgi-bin/acrnema.map
    sudo rm /usr/lib/cgi-bin/dgate.dic

sudo rm /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb/dgate
    sudo rm /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb/acrnema.map
    sudo rm /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb/dgate.dic

sudo cp dgate /usr/lib/cgi-bin
    sudo cp dgate /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb
    sudo cp dgate.dic /usr/lib/cgi-bin
    sudo cp dgate.dic /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb
    sudo cp acrnema.map /usr/lib/cgi-bin
    sudo cp acrnema.map /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb

Sorry for the mixups!

Marcel

• Here is a fixed maklinux, please try this out:

However, you need to delete the incorrect cgi-bin hardlinks as per the previous post

• Hi Marcel

I'm wondering if the version I downloaded was the latest? The reason I'm asking is that the maklinux I have a/ didn't have the # mvh 20160516 comment line and b/ maklinux is within src/dgate whereas your code assumes that maklinux is at the top...

Having moved (the new) maklinux to the top, and having installed build-essential (not in your instructions - make is needed), I now get the following error before the DB choice:

Code
    /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./cjpeg.1 /usr/local/man/man1/cjpeg.1
    /usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/man/man1/cjpeg.1': No such file or directory
    Makefile:200: recipe for target 'install' failed
    make: *** [install] Error 1

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ed

• I see, I hadn't noticed that I'd copied over that one as the instructions had led me to the dgate folder.

Should dgate be linked into /usr/bin or something at some point so it is available generally, or is the idea to always run it from the folder it was extracted to?

• Hi,

dgate is run from the following folders

root of zip file - as server

/usr/lib/cgi-bin - as old web interface
    /usr/lib/newweb - as new web interface

to be able to run, it also needs a dicom.ini, dicom.dic and (for server) acrnema.map and dicom.sql.

These files could be hardlinked to the root of the zip folder, but my attemp at doing so was flawed.

So I would not link the server's dgate as it assumes relative position of the other files.

Marcel

• My final setup notes, in case it is of use for editing the linux instructions. This is on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.1 server installed as a LXD container:

Code
    sudo apt install build-essential apache2 libpq-dev postgresql unzipsudo a2enmod cgidsudo service apache2 restart

Copied download of dicomserver1419beta3b.zip

Code
    mkdir conquestcd conquestunzip ../dicomserver1419beta3b.zip

We need a new version of maklinux from Marcel van Herk http://forum.image-systems.biz…eply&f=33&t=45654#pr59441

Code
    mv maklinux{,.original}nano maklinux

Paste in new version copied from forum

Code
    chmod 777 maklinuxchmod 777 src/dgate/jpeg-6c/configuresudo mkdir /usr/local/man/man1./maklinux

Chose option 3) sqlite for now, just to get started
    For some reason, the script complained that

Code
    cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb/dgate': No such file or directorycp: cannot create regular file '/usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb/acrnema.map': No such file or directory

despite the fact that it did exist. Ran it a second time and this time the only complaint was regarding the directory data/dbase already existing.

Copied dicom.sql and dgatesop.lst into /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb/ as they are both missing. It works without dgatesop.lst, but doesn't have the newer SOP Class UIDs such as BTO

Code
    mkdir /mnt/archive/datachmod 777 /mnt/archive/data

Edited dicom.ini, partly to add specific paths, partly because the version in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb is relatively brief!: sudo nano /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb/dicom.ini

Code
    #mvh 20151206 1.4.17d compatibility#mvh 20160314 for 1.4.19beta[sscscp]MicroPACS = sscscpACRNemaMap = acrnema.mapDictionary = dgate.dicWebServerFor = 127.0.0.1MyACRNema = MYAETTCPPort = 104SOPClassList = dgatesop.lstSQLServer = /path/to/conquest/data/dbase/conquest.db3SQLite = 1# Configure serverImportExportDragAndDrop = 1ZipTime = 05:UIDPrefix = 99999.99999EnableComputedFields = 1# Configuration of compression for incoming images and archivalDroppedFileCompression = unIncomingCompression = unArchiveCompression = as# For debug informationPACSName = CONQUESTSRV1OperatorConsole = 127.0.0.1DebugLevel = 0# Configuration of disk(s) to store imagesMAGDeviceFullThreshold = 30MAGDevices = 1MAGDevice0 = /path/to/data/[webdefaults]size = 560dsize = 0compress = j2iconsize = 84graphic = jpgviewer = wadoseriesviewerstudyviewer = wadostudyviewer[DefaultPage]source = *.lua[AnyPage]source = start.luaexceptions=start,listpatients,liststudies,listseries,listimageswiththumbs,listimages,wadostudyviewer,wadoseriesviewer,wadoviewerhelp,slice,listtrials,listtrialpatients

Edited acrnema.map to match MyACRNema setting.

Finally:

Code
    sudo /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb/dgate -v -r
    sudo /usr/lib/cgi-bin/newweb/dgate -v

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!