I think this is a bug

• Hi

I tried to recompress some data in my archive from J2K lossless to NKI N4 and encountered some error.

Here is what/ how I did it and how to reproduce it:

Use Conquest 1.4.17d or 1.4.19b3b and have some files with J2K lossless in your data directory. Then simply change compression for Conquest to NKI and drag-n-drop your data folder to the GUI - it starts recursively scanning the data and re-compresses it to NKI.

This process works flawlessly for any CT/MRI image I have tested (about 6k) but fails for CR/DX images after a couple of successful recompresses.
    The original files or OK and when I drop them to the GUI to an empty Conquest setup (still set to NKI) they all compress just fine - its just the recompress that fails.

Setup uses MySQL and I have tried it with different HDDs and partitions (HDD and SSD)

So here is a debug log, maybe that helps:

• Quote from marcelvanherk

Hi,

I would not advise this workflow - but I am curious what goes wrong. Could you try with a few source compressions other than jpeg2000?

Marcel

Hi, I will try something different tonight. I once re-compressed the entire archive this way to jpeg2000 lossless and it worked perfectly..

• High Marcel,

in another thread you posted:
    "
    Re: Compress Old Images

Postby marcelvanherk » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:50 pm
    Hi,

Change the receiving compression and send the images to itself.

Marcel
    "

But isn't drag-n-frop the archive folder exactly the same thing as sending the image to itself?

• HI

mhh ok. I haven't decided which way to with compression yet anyway and sending data to itself via GUI also works fine - although it is quite a lot more work since drag_n-drop would only be a one time task (sending 50M images in one chunk is probably not a good idea for neither conquest nor database :) )

PS: It also happens with other compressions - so from NKI to JPEG i.e.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!