Round Robin Condition

• I would like to distribute studies from a radiology center to radiologists equally and automatically.

There are five radiologists. First study goes to radiologist 1, Second to radiologist 2 etc.

Does not matter what the converter does. It could be to route, coerce a dicom attribute etc. Problem is how to set such a condition.

Is there a way for conquest to do this automatically?

Thanks.

• Hi,

there is a sample in the manual for two, e.g. If sender <> 1 forward to 1. However, with more than 2 it will go round; so you need to label the image and test the label for stopping it to transmit.

e.g. (pseudocode)

[lua]
    ImportConverter0 = if Data.Label ~= '1' then Data.Label = '1'; script('forward to AE1') end

Where Label is a tag you need to choose.

Marcel

• Thanks Marcel.

Yes, with a study level counter, one can then rotate it from 1-5 then back.

The routing will then be based on this counter e.g if value is 2, route to radiologist 2, If value 3, route to radiologist 3 etc.

However, the question is how to create the counter that can be used in the rules. I do not have the expertise.

If this is a trivial customization, maybe I can get some help from the forum?

Failing that, I will go back to second best thing which is for the radiologists to pick days.

Regards.

• Hi,

maybe the easiest would be to use a random selection:

ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "0" forward to AE1
    ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "1" forward to AE1
    ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "2" forward to AE2
    ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "3" forward to AE2
    ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "4" forward to AE3
    ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "5" forward to AE3
    ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "6" forward to AE4
    ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "7" forward to AE4
    ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "8" forward to AE5
    ifequal %AStudyInstanceUID[,1], "9" forward to AE5

Here a checksum of the studyinstance uid is used.

Marcel

• Good idea

Additionally, I guess I could also ask Conquest to generate new UIDs in case some of the equipment prefer to end the Study UIDs with a certain number.

By Checksum, you mean not the actual UID?

Will try it out.

Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!