Same AE Title for multiple known providers/Error

• Hello, I have been using Conquest and it has worked great for quite awhile. That said, I have ran into an issue. This issue seems to occur as there are two known DICOM providers that are using the same AE title. So say my ACRNEMA.MAP looks like this:

AETITLEABC 10.10.20.30 104 UN
    AETITLEABC 10.30.20.10 104 UN
    AETITLEXYZ 10.20.10.20 104 UN
    AETITLEDEF 10.10.30.30 104 UN

Now, it seems there is no problem with either host with AETITLEABC doing a query, the problem is when they attempt to retrieve. The host that shares an AE title that is listed first works without issues, but the second is unable to retrieve, and I see this error message in the Server Status page:

[CONQUEST] Calling Application Title : "AETITLEABC"
    [CONQUEST] Called Application Title : "CONQUEST "
    [CONQUEST] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1", PDU length: 16384
    [CONQUEST] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.2.1" 1
    [CONQUEST] Presentation Context 1 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.2.2" 1
    [CONQUEST] C-Move Destination: "AETITLEABC"
    [CONQUEST] Number of Images to send: 1
    [CONQUEST] Host 'AETITLEABC' did not accept the connection
    [CONQUEST] C-Move (StudyRoot)
    [CONQUEST] UPACS THREAD 497: ENDED AT: Tue Dec 08 15:38:51 2015
    [CONQUEST] UPACS THREAD 497: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 21 SECONDS

I am just wondering if there is a way around this or perhaps is there something I am doing wrong?

• Hello, Is there ever going to be away around the using of multiple identical AE titles in conquest? Unfortunately we deal with multiple locations that are not under our control that use the same AE title in their pacs...example...GEPACS. Every location around that has Centricity seems to use the default of GEPACS.
    Chad

• Hi Chad,

Conquest doesn't casr when recieving. But a C-MOVE just doesn't work this way.

If there are two GE1 and GE2 with the same name GEPACS, a C-MOVE to GEPACS cannot know where to send. Of course you can script around this but it is scary and likely not multiuser safe as you would have modify acrname.map entries on the fly, e.g. in pseudocode,

C-MOVE from IP 100.10.10.1 to GEPACS (1 is meant)
    C-MOVE from IP 100.10.10.2 to GEPACS (2 is meant)
    if IP is 100.10.10.1 set move destination GEPACS to GEPACS1
    if IP is 100.10.10.2 set move destination GEPACS to GEPACS2
    while store from CONQUEST replace GEPACS1 or GEPACS2 as called by GEPACS

This kind of behavior could be scripted but it depends on the exact use case.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!