dgate --imagelister on (not) local DICOM system

• Hi,

I new with Conquest and at this forum. Hello everyone.

I have a question about dgate option: dgate --imagelister. It only list images on "local" machine? In docs i found

--imagelister:srv|pat|ser|fmt|file List (local) files in a series

. If it only list "local" files for what purpose is "srv" parameter?

------------------------------------
    Let me describe my problem.

I have case to receive DICOM images via AJAX HTTP request, depending on type (jpeg/gif/dicom). Main difficulty is that I have several instances of Conquest on several servers in different locations.
    Given I have 3 instances of Conquest in different location:

- Conquest MAIN
      - Conquest HOSPITAL
      - Conquest SMALL

Only MAIN server is open for WAN. HOSPITAL and SMALL are behind firewall, but all together is in VPN.

Some SET UP info:

Os is Ubuntu 7 (wheezy).

On MAIN Conquest acrnema.map i define DICOM system map:

Code
    MAIN 127.0.0.1 5678 unHOSPITAL 10.100.100.2 5678 unSMALL 10.100.100.3 5678 un

On HOSPITAL Conquest acrnema.map i define DICOM system map:

Code
    MAIN 10.100.100.1 5678 un

On SMALL Conquest acrnema.map i define DICOM system map:

Code
    MAIN 10.100.100.1 5678 un

My idea is that:

ON "MAIN" Conquest i create a micro PHP proxy app. It accepts some parameters and run system dgate command with option --wadorequest:parameters. My proxy app parse dgate --wadorequest response, and forward it to requestor server. So i can use Conquest on MAIN as a gateway to HOSPITAL and SMALL. And it works fine.

Problem is to retrieve UIDs

According to APPENDIX 6 of Conquest doc, i try to find studyUID, instanceUID, imageUID using dgate database option to get required parameters for wadorequest.
    Using --seriesfinder to get studyUID and seriesUID.
    Using --imagelister to get imageUID, but it doesn't work.

My code:

Code
    /pacs/test/dgate --patientfinder:"{AETITLE from acrnema.map}|{some string}" // works fine, return list of patients matching to {string} on specified {aetitle} location
    /pacs/test/dgate --seriesfinder:"{AETITLE from acrnema.map}|{some string}" // works fine, return list of series matching to {string} on specified {aetitle} location
    /pacs/test/dgate --serieslister:"{AETITLE from acrnema.map}|{patientId}|{studyUID}" // works fine, return list of series for specified {patient} and {study} on specified {aetitle} location
    /pacs/test/dgate --imagelister:"{AETITLE from acrnema.map}|{patientId}|{seriesUID}" // NOT WORK, response is empty. that's for all {aetitle} MAIN, HOSPITAL, SMALL

What I do wrong?
    Maybe You have some similar case?
    Some other ideas how to retrieve images from DICOM servers behind firewall over HTTP?

• Hi,

good job.

Imagelister translates the query result into a filename, which it can't. You should use the imagefinder call instead. Note that with the format string you can force it to output the information that you want; use %0.0s to suppress data.

Hope this helps.

Marcel

• Hi,

Thanks Marcel. That helped me much.
    I don't know why i missed --imagefinder option?
    I didn't see it before.

Now when i use

Code
    /pacs/test/dgate --imagefinder:"{AETITLE from acrnema.map}|{string}" // works perfectly

However 'str' arg for imagefinder allow to find image by Patient Name or Patient ID. I think this could be enought for me, but is there any way to find image by seriesUID?

• Hi,

Hi, it works if you use "=SERIESUID" as query text for imagefinder, "=STUDYUID" for seriesinder, and "=PATIENTID" for studyfinder. These call are used by "the xxxxfinder" webpages, i.e, when you use Find {choice} on {AE} in the top level page. Sorry that this is not documented, the calls were defined for internal use first.

Regards,

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!