Won't forward as compressed

• I have an instance where I'm trying to forward a study to a DICOM destination as compressed. In the ACRNEMA.MAP destination is built specifying as jl, but whenever I forward (even if I use "forward compressed as jl to AETITLE") it doesn't actually listen. Logs say Accepted compression: ui I've also tried J2 and J6 with the same results.

I can't even find what UI stands for - assuming it's uncompressed implicit little endian, but I don't know that for sure. I know the DICOM node can/does store compressed images, but I can't get conquest to believe that. I've even gone so far as to try to comment out all uncompressed syntaxes from dgatesop.lst and it still somehow winds up doing the exact same thing. I upgraded from 1.4.17c to 17d with the same results.

Do you have any suggestions on how to force a specified compression method?

• I looked in the PACS to find examples of images using compression. Below are some of the transfer syntax's found:

1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.50 - JPEG Baseline (lossy)
    1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.51 - JPEG Extended (lossy)
    1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.90 - JPEG 2000 (Lossless)

The list above is just what I could find examples of - it almost certainly isn't a complete list.

I've already tried JL, J2 and J6 - I will try J3, J4 and Jk which I believe line up with the Transfer systax's I found above. I probably won't be able to actually test until sometime monday.

• Hi,

is there any log of the receiving side? I like to see what conquest proposes, and what the receiver accepts.

Looking at the code - for UL conquest should propose:

If the client accepts 1.2.840.10008.1.2 only, the accepted compression is UI.

Marcel

• Our PACS negotiates fairly aggressively for uncompressed images (it want's to store the images in it's non-DICOM compression scheme). Is there a way to not even propose 1.2.840.10008.1.2 with the current code? If not - please don't spend any additional time looking into it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!