Updating Dicom Information using Conquest

• Hi,

Is it possible to update the dicom information using Conquest, in case the Radiologist wants to correct patient information after it has been sent to PACS (Conquest)?

Kindly let us know.

Thanks.

• This is technically possible, however I'm not seeing any way to do it via the GUI. You can change PatientID (MRN) in the gui, but I couldn't find a way to change a name or Accession number (accession being a very important ID for most US PACS installations), via the GUI. You could set up a separate instance of conquest specifically for changing needed DICOM tags via the dicom.ini - each time you need to change something you'd need to modify the dicom.ini first. Something like this as an importconverter should work (untested)

ImportConverter0 = Set 0010,0010 to "InsertPatientNameHere"; Set 0010,0020 to "InsertPatientIDHere"; Set 0008,0050 to "InsertAccNumHere"; forward to PACS

The "forward to PACS" in my instance would cause problems - my PACS wouldn't take kindly to the same StudyInstanceUID being associated with two different patients - the original (BAD) data would need to be removed from PACS first. If I were doing this, I'd need to remove the "forward to PACS" part and then manually send the study from conquest to PACS.

That said there are better tools for this - we have two specialty DICOM editor tools that we use for situations like this. Both of them are commercial tools, and aren't free (I'm unsure if I'm allowed to mention specific names of the commercial tools on this forum). Both commercial tools have image editing capabilities so if the patient's information is "burned into" the image (pixel) data, that can be fixed too. Conquest can also cover pixel data (see my forum thread for the blockpixel.lua script), but again it's done programmatically and isn't super easy to use.

• Hi,

Only patient information (i.e. patient name, age, description, etc.) needs to be corrected by the radiologist, after it has been sent to PACS (Conquest).

In case not possible in Conquest, could you suggest some tools tested with Conquest.

Thanks.

• Hi,

viewers like kpacs might do it. Make sure NOT to change the patientID though. If you change patientID the modified data clashes with the original data (see 'why not change patient ID of an image').

Conquest is good at changing it batch but has few GUI options. You can use a command line to change the info though. E.g.,

dgate '--modifystudy:patientid,studyuid,set 0010,0010 to "InsertPatientNameHere"'

there is also modifyseries.

Marcel

• In case this helps anyone.

It took a while for me to get this working.
    Eventually this worked.

Code
    c:\dicomserver\dgate.exe "--modifyseries:0070071234,,set 0008,1030 to \"Test-Description\""

That is, I had to use " around the whole thing after dgate.exe then I needed to put backslash before the " around the Test-Description as shown above.
    Finaly it worked like expected.

Thanks again for all your work Marcel.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!