Archiving files which failed to import for manual fixing

• Hi,

I am using the incoming folder of Conquest to automatically import new DICOM data which are coming from external application. From time to time it happened that some files fail to import (they are corrupted, no compliant and need to be fixed manually). Right now such files are not imported and deleted from incoming folder. I would like to keep them in external folder so I can try to fix them manually and import them afterwards.

I was just wondering it there is a possibility to configure Conquest to archive non imported files for later analysis?

best

Tomas

• Sure,

there is an importconverter called:

RejectedImageConverter0, which triggers on a fail to store an image in the database.

In there you can make a copy of the image with any of the scripting commands. However, you cannot catch corrupted image data this way, that would need a change in the code.

Marcel

• ok thanks for pointing me to that feature,
    just to make sure, does it mean that if I encounter error:
    [AddImageFile] ./data/incoming/something.dcm -FAILED: Error on Load

RejectedImageConverter0 can catch it?

Tomas

• I see, hmm however you say that with change in code it is possible. Is it a lot of work? I would welcome such feature. Because currently I am getting often getting errors:

Encountered an invalid group order during load of DCM file

Which always occurs only for couple of slides that are afterward missing in database. I tried to use NoDICOMCheck=1, which solved group order issue however introduce other problems, and all in all I would rather prefer to have DICOM consistency checking enabled and catching problematic files for manual correction later.

do you think you can put it on the wanted feature list?

Tomas

• Hi

yeah that would be an great addition to save non compliant/ or corrupted images in a "failed to import correctly" folder.
    I do find such entries in the logs once in a while but usually it happened weeks ago and the studies are no longer available on the source machines so the data is gone.

With such an option it would be possible ti fix those files manually.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!