Viewing multiple images in single window

• I want to simultaneously view multiple images in a single instance of KPacs, from different dates.

When I search for a particular patient, all dates come up where he has had an Xray. If I double click on each date, all the images from that date appear in the "series" area at the top of the KPacs screen. I have the display window set on 2X1.

I want to be able to compare one image from Date 1 with one image from Date 2 on the same patient. I can not see how to do that.

Please assist!

Thank you.

• Dear Steve

Comparing series from different studies is very easy. You load two studies into the viewer. You set a tiling that offers more than one view, e.g. 2x1. Now you drag the series you wish to view from the first study into the first view. Then you click the little green "+" icon on the study tab of the second study. The series preview bar changes to the one of the second study, while the image processing area still shows the series of the first study. Now you can select the series from the second study and drag it into the second (empty) view. Now you can compare the images, also using the sync mode.

Just remember the following:

- Clicking the study tab of a study will change the series preview bar AND the image processing area completely to the newly selected study.
    - Clicking the green "+" icon on a study tab will only change the series preview bar but will keep the current display in the image processing area.

Please keep in mind that we cannot give step-by-step user instructions for the features available in K-PACS. You will find some information in the sticky notes on this forum board, But in general, it's one of the limitations of the freeware that you basically have to handle the software on your own. For a fully supported and fully documented alternative, we can recommend our professional software iQ-VIEW.

• Thank you for your reply, Sabine. Try as I might, this does not work. Turns out that my study tabs are present, but blank. i.e. I can load two studies; each one has a study tab but there is no writing, no green "+", nothing at all on the face of the tab. It is just plain gray.

Any precedent for this situation? It occurs on each of my workstations that has KPacs loaded; they all behave the same way.

Windows 7, 64 bit on the workstations.

Thanks.
    Steve

• Yes, that's a known issue on 64 bit OS. The software is not completely compatible with 64 bit operating systems and that's one of the limitations.

We corrected that behavior in our latest versions of iQ-VIEW. However, using K-PACS you may have to rever to a 32 bit system to get the full experience.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!