Image sorting and forwarding

• Hello,

I am a new user trying to setup a ConQuest server for the first time. I have been able to send images from the scanner to the server successfully. My next task is to sort the images received from the scanner into folders. Ideally I would like one folder per study, and within that folder have subfolders for each series. I would also like to rename each dicom image based on the image slice and time frame. I am hoping this is possible, but do not have the first idea on how to implement this. Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

For info: all the images I will be working with are Siemens MR, and the ConQuest server is running on Windows 7.

Thanks!

• Thanks for the reply. I suppose I'm probably overlooking something, but no matter which FileNameSyntax option I try the files are sorted correctly, but the folder names and file names are long strings of numbers (timestamps etc.). Is there a way to have the file and folder names be reflected of the series and study names?

• I confirm that It could be customized.

From my config (dicom.ini):

FileNameSyntax = %V0008,1010\%studydate\%name\%counter.dcm

Means that in Conquest Data folder every study is located in Machine station ID folder. Then Study date, patient name, and number.

Regards

• Hi,

maybe you forgot to close and restart the server after editing dicom.ini. And oh, yeh, existing dicom objects will not be resaved to another location. You have to delete the patient or study first. Then new names and folders are generated.

Marcel

• Thank you very much for the assistance. I have the image sorting solved with your help. I am trying to use the ExportConverter to move all incoming files to a shared network location. I can copy the files manually in windows explorer without any problems. However, when I add the following lines to my dicom.ini file:

Code
    ExportConverters = 1
    ExportConverter0 = copy %f to L:\dicom\

all I get are error messages saying that the images failed to copy.

Should I be able to write to a network drive? Am I using the ExportConverter incorrectly?

• Thanks again for the help. I most likely oversimplified my last question - I can copy to an existing folder, but I would like to copy the complete file structure from my local machine to the network drive, including creating subfolders in the same manner as the dicom sorting. Can the ExportConverter create folders?

The code I am trying to use is:
    ExportConverter0 = copy %f to L:\dicom\%V0008,0020_%V0008,0030[0,5]\%V0020,0011\%b.dcm

Jacob

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!