Need guidance

• Hi!
    Im a Vet and i recently got a Agfa CR10-X, and im strugglin with K-Pacs.
    I just have some basic questions.
    - I have my CR online (on my network, with static IP) but i can't seem to get images from another computer.
    Do i need to install some server (or the KPACS installer) ON my CR Computer and also on the other computers? Or only on the other computers on my network?

*I would have loved a user manual, step by step, for dummies tutorial, but i just can't find any.

Thanks!

• I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. Usually, the modalities (e.g. CR) send the acquired images to a central archive (PACS). From there the images are distributed across the network, e.g. to the viewing stations (such as K-PACS). You may either forward DICOM images from another DICOM station to K-PACS or use K-PACS to query another DICOM station and retrieve images. For the latter, the connected DICOM station has to support the query/retrieve function. Please note that modalities often do not have that option included (it may have to be purchased in addition).

You may install K-PACS on all computers where you need a viewing station for your radiological images. Keep in mind, though, that K-PACS does not support query/retrieve as a server. That means, you can only send data from one K-PACS station to another, but you cannot search for studies on a different K-PACS station.

As K-PACS is a free software, there does not exist any extensive user documentation. You may want to check out our veterinary products. They come with full technical support (by manufacturer and local reseller) and complete user documentation with all information you may need regarding the installation, configuration and use of the products. We offer a veterinary PACS (VET-WEBX) and a radiological workstation for vets (VET-VIEW).

Hope that helps you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!