Server 2012 - "Free Dicom Workstation funktioniert nicht meh

• Hello!

I just tried to install the k-pacs application, it worked without any problems. The server starts, too.

But: As soon as I try to start the k-pacs-application I get an error "Free Dicom Workstation funktioniert nicht mehr". I tried to start as adminstrator -> no difference, setting compatibility modes to WinXP -> no difference, too.

Does anybody have a suggestion how to resolve this problem? To be clear: I installed it on a Windows 2012 server, so it is almost the same as Windows 8.

Thx in advance,

Christian

• Keep in mind that the freeware was never developed with these new operating systems in mind. In addition, K-PACS is a workstation software not a server software. Servers are naturally quite restrictive in their permissions, so such issues might be at work here.

Try to check the system's Event Viewer to see whether anything is logged for these occurrences. Also ensure that the user (or administrator) you are using to log into the system has full access permissions to all folders needed by K-PACS.

You may also check if maybe an installed anti-virus system has snatched any of the necessary components. K-PACS isn't as prone to such issues as other applications, but it's still a possibility.

• Sorry it didn't work out.

Try running it on a Windows 7 computer. You may also check out Windows 8/8.1. Maybe you'll have more luck on these OS. They are closer to what was intended by the developers.

Alternatively, you may take a look at our professional software iQ-VIEW. It has been validated on Windows 7 and is fully supported there. It also runs on Windows 8/8.1, although we do not yet support this OS officially (incl. medical device certification).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!