out of memory error on move

• Hello-

In version 1.4.16 I am getting bufferspace: out of memory with doing a big move of studies (a month at a time) which are about 300 studies a month. I have already set in dicom.ini - ignoreoutofmemoryerrors = 1 but it still happens after a certain amount of time which varies.

Thanks,
    Matt

• Hi,

What memory use pattern do you observe, e.g., with task manager? Is it slowly growing or does it fail right at the start. I am reviewing for leaks in the server, and have fixed a few 1.4.16e. Could you please also upgrade dgate.exe to the one from 1.4.16e and see if that helps?

Marcel

• I observed it for a while and the memory doesnt seem to grow that much. I believe I am using 1.4.16e as I recently downloaded it to upgrade my installations and the windows manual in the folder has a date of April 2, 2011. I am doing this transfer on a server with 8gb ddr3 running windows 7 64bit with a quad core processor. I had previously done, on the same installation, a move of all studies from 2011 (0101-0906 to be exact) and I got no errors that time!

Thanks,
    Matt

• Hi,

if you put:

[lua]
    endassociation = print(heapinfo())

at the end of dicom.ini, you can see if something leaks. If the server returns to being inactive it should just print the same amount every time.

I know the web interface hase some leaks (to be fixed in 1.4.16f). But I guess the big move just requires too much memory, as the system will build very long lists.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!