Conquest GUI I/O Error

• HI

I know it has been a while since my last activity but is has been a smooth sailing since.

I currently have set up a new server and I am having trouble importing the old images.

Server:
    Xeon 6 core 2,5ghz
    32GB RAM
    Database Drive Intel SSD - MySQL 5.6 InnoDB
    Storage Volume 14TB Raid 6 WD RAID drives
    Conquest V1.17c

I decided to connect the old storage volume via windows SMB to the new server as a mapped network drive and the simply "drop" the DICOM folder to the new server gui. I started with the smallest volume of 250GB, its all J2K files.

It first looked to work flawlessly but after around 70.000 to 100.000 images the GUI gives a not further defined I/O error and importing is stopped - the server remains online and images arriving from modalities are accepted.
    The GUI itsself does not close on the error it simply stops importing.
    There is no trace of an error in the logs.
    The server itsself is totally bored with max 10% CPU and system load, so I think it is not a performance issue.

I have now reverted the import server (have setup an extra import server with same filepath and database) with an older 1.4.16 version to see if that helps.

Anyone any ideas?

• Hi,

I never tried to drop 250 GB of images ;->>>. The scanning is done in the GUI code, maybe there is a leak there. The only problem is that I can hardly reproduce this, but I will look at the code.

1.4.16 will not be different I think.

Marcel

• You are correct. 1.4.16 wasn't different.

However 250GB is the smallest portion I have. In total I have to move 4tb -> roughly 24 million images.

I also tried sending images from conquest to conquest but that resulted in painly slow image transfer after about 8000 files to 1 image/s.

• Mhh ok.

I just benchmarked re-regen speed, it is 150 images/s, so regen would take about 48h. Not too bad.
    I therefore will go the way: Teracopy -> re-gen.

So Marcel there is no need to figure it out, thx :D

• Hi,

the C-MOVE transfer speed in 1.4.17c will be better. It has been optimized for really large moves. But as the list to be moved is formed in memory moving more than 100.000 image per move command may not be wise. I also looked at the GUI code and see no strange things there.

Regards,

Marcel

• Ok thx.

TeraCopy did not work either, gave me error "out of memory" after 80GB -damn.

I am now trying RichCopy - so far almost 100GB. I will post the result here. Maybe in the future someone else is doing something that or even more crazy copying stuff

• thx

I will give it a try if RichCopy fails.

Marcel, when I re-initialize the database can conquest still accept and send the new and already indexed images ?
    Or is it better to make an intermittend server for the time needed to re-index and then just drag-and drop the newest images to the "big server"?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!