Howto migrate a production system?

• Hi,

I want to upgrade to a new conquest-server whithout a longer down-time of the existing production system.
    Is it a good idea to

- leave the existing running (dbaseIII-based 1.4.13), i.e. production system
    - set up the new one with different AE/port (builtin sqlite 1.4.16)
    - timestamp, regenerate the new one on the existing data/magdevice
    - switch off the old server
    - configure the new with AE/port from old system and startup
    - send missing studies from timestamp to now to new server ?

I want to switch to sqlite, cause starting up conquest with dbaseIII takes about 15 minutes for building up the index. I have to migrate to new version for better forwarding capabilities.

Thanx in advance for better suggestions!
    Liesenfeld

• Your way seems to be logical, but consider:

-change compression mode (j2kr or jpeg) (disabling "regenerate" option) but save a lot of space
    -SQlite seems to be good for smaller amount of studies than postgresql/mysql solutions (in my opinion)
    -how many TBytes you have on production server?

Regards
    Bart

• bart

The database is less than 1 TByte, already j2 = jpeg lossless.

I just figured out that a newly set up conquest-server with builtin-sqlite already accepts incoming dicom-pictures during regenerating an existing data-source.

So my workflow will be:
    - switch off the existing conquest-server
    - start the newly set-up server (builtin sqlite) with ae/port of the old one, so any new studies appear in the new server
    - start the old conquest-server with different ae/port
    - have the new server configured as virtual server for the old one, so queries for old studies are virtually mapped to the old server
    - start regenerate the new one on the existing data-source
    - stop old server when regenerate is finished

hope this works!

Liesenfeld

• Hi,

I believe this setup will work. Some images will be scanned multiple times (when reentered from the virtual server, and later regened), but this will pose no problems.

Let me know how it goes!

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!