Importing studies from MO disc (GE Scanner)

• Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way built into Conquest to import scans archived to MO disc by the GE/Irix setup. I'm trying to retire my radworks stations, but as of now they are the only ones I have that can read these studies I have archived to MO disc.

Thanks,
    Lucas

• Hi,

if you can access the disks from linux or windows, you should be able to load the files into conquest with a script or drag and drop - that is, assuming the images are proper dicom.

Marcel

• The images are dicom, themselves, but it uses the format of a 'dicomdir' file with generically labelled folders and dicom files. I think the dicomdir file is a database of some sort so you need to be able to open that file and read it. I'll probably just get efilm workstation and use conquest as a background pacs as needed.

• Hi,

the DICOMDIR just collates the info in the image headers, so you do not need to read it to import the images. Drag and drop should work, or some form of batch file with 'dgate --addimagefile:'

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!