K-PACS Network Query Transfer

• I am trying to connect to another PACS server using AE Title, Port and IP Address. I have added the it to DICOM Configuration and my PACS appear in Query dialog under Network. When I select and do transfer, nothing happens. How can I get all the studies from external PACS system? Any idea anyone?

• From what I've read you can't use K-PACS to do query's from an outside PACS.

I think if you exported all the DICOM folders from your current PACS to an external hard drive- then connected the external hard drive to the pc with K-PACS you could then 'IMPORT' them.

• dovercast's information is incorrect. It is possible to use K-PACS to query a connected archive and retrieve DICOM images from there. However, K-PACS itself cannot be used as a query/retrieve SCP, meaning that you cannot successfully sent a query to K-PACS and retrieve images.

srssoft1, if the query and/or retrieve from the connected PACS is not successful, this is probably a configuration (wrong port, dynamic IP, etc.) or a firewall issue. Or you simply forgot to also add K-PACS to your PACS so that it can communicate with this new station in the network. Check the corresponding log files for clues.

• I have the same issue, I want to create a small mini PACS (for testing purposes). I already installed K-PACS server software in PC1 that I want it to be central archive, and I'm now able to send the images from modality to PC1 "server"
    Now, I want to retrieve the images from the pc1 and show it in another pc "pc2". I thought I can do that by installing K-PACS in Pc2 and define the server "Pc1"on but it didn't work with me.
    Do you have any way to do that ?

• As I already stated back in November 2013, K-PACS does not include this functionality. It is a viewing station for DICOM images, not an archive. That means it can request and pull images from a PACS but it cannot function as a PACS itself. The only way to transfer data between one K-PACS station and another would be to send the data from the K-PACS station where the data exists to the second one.

If you need a central node that stores your images, you will need a PACS software. If you are only testing or are using the software only scientifically or for material testing, but not for diagnostic purposes, you may use the ConQuest software (its forum is hosted here as well).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!