Posts by srssoft1

Does testload.lua script is executed when we upload the .dcm file from conquest web interface home page? I am asking that because, the testload.lua script has some important lines of code commented out:

That makes sense. Ok, if it is encapsulated in a dicom object then it will be stored in the database. Any idea which table and column in the database? And, where can I check for the structure of the Dicom Object and the mappings?

Narratives are just plain text that may be associated with the DICOM Image. As part of our "meaning full use 2" certification here in USA, we have the following requirement:
    "Image results. Electronically indicate to a user the availability of a patient’s images and narrative interpretations (relating to the radiographic or other diagnostic test(s)) and enable electronic access to such images and narrative interpretations."

I am not very sure how the narratives are entered by the radiologists.. whether they come part of DICOM object itself or as a separate entity along with DICOM Image. But, somehow, we need to know this image has this associated narrative. So I was thinkingit would be stored with the image in the database and when we will generate the export HL7, we will get the narrative for the image and send it to the EHR software to display. This will really be a great feature for those EHRs specially in USA that use Conquest as their PACS system to pass certifiaction.

As you said if it is part of DICOM object - the server can handle them. How? Do we need some changes or it is already avaialble? Which column in the database should we use? If not, then how to do it? I know, I have not been of any help in answering your question if it is part of DICOM object or not.

The following document DICOM Information Object Defination - http://medical.nema.org/Dicom/2011/11_03pu.pdf shows some reference of Narrative text but I was not very clear if it is really part of DICOM object or not.

Hi Marcel

I have never worked on lua script before so I am not sure when you say "load the DICOM object" what does that mean? Is there any an existing lua script file in lua folder that I can use for creating and modifying the new and existing data respectively? It would be easy if there is an existing lua script that you can refer to so that I change the values and insert the new data.

Appreciate your help.

Marcel

I scanned through the database and didn't find how narratives would be stored for the result images? For example, Radiology department has sent the MRI of ankle with some narrative describing the details of the MRI. We have a requirement where the result can have just an image or image + narrative.

What do you think, how should we go about this requirement?

Thanks Marcel for your response. Greatly appreciate it. My followup questions are below in blue.

My questions are:
    1. What API should we call to process the HL7 file? Is there a way, to bulk load all the HL7 files located in some folder into Conquest DICOM Server using the API and C#.Net?

There is a command line dgate --loadhl7:file command
    >>>I did try that for a single file, but how can I load multiple files? One solution is to loop through each file in the folder and call dgate --loadhl7:file command. But, is there any cleaner solution to this?

2. How can we extract the studies that were updated with results into an HL7 file. Are there any API to generate the HL7 files or we should just write our own API to query and generate the HL7? If, so what API to use in C#.Net?

The HL7 data is loaded into a worklist database that can be queried by the modality. If the modality generates scans that get pushed into conquest, they can be queried using any dicom query. Or you can create a web interface in conquest to give you the results.
    >>>Since this is first time I am working on any PACS system, I would like to know How do scans pushed into conquest?

3. Finally, how should we link to the results so that the viewer shows it up? Can we use Conquest DICOM Viewer to open from any page using javascript?

Conquest supports a few web based viewers (weasis seems like a good one). Based on the query it should be fairly trivial to create the links. Try the built-in web interface to get some feeling for it.
    >>>I downloaded weasis-portable (not sure if that is the right one). And just ran the exe to get a feel of it. It seems that is an excellent viewer for our needs. I also, tried the built-in web interface and it is a simpler viewer. I went through one of your threads on weasis http://forum.image-systems.biz/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16604 and downloaded 1.4.17b. Restarted the server. Nothing happened in the built-in web interface. It was still opening the default viewer when clicked on the view link.

Then I added the config:
    [weasisseriesxml]
    source = viewers\weasisseriesxml.lua
    and tested the following url:
    http://localhost/ConquestDICOM…68.8888888&source=(local) and it returned the xml as expected. But, when I use mode=weasisviewer to launch weasis, it doesn't work. It downloads dgate.jnlp file in the browser. Do I need to change something like, the path to the weasis executable or something? What am I missing?

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciate your response.

Hi

I have been researching on some free PACS system for our EHR. I stumbled on to this wonderful Conquest Server for Windows. We are still evaluating on the best PACS system that fits our requirement. I will quickly phrase my requirement and then follow it up with my query, if you can answer:

The requirement is that our CPOE module (C#.Net) will generate and export an HL7 file for to DICOM Server. DICOM server should add all the studies from the HL7 file. Once the DICOM server is updated with the results for those new tests/studies, our Import service (C#.Net) will then query DICOM Server to get all the updated studies and generate a HL7 file for auditing purposes. Finally, our EHR user will see a link to the study result in EHR webpage. If user clicks that link, it should open the study in a DICOM Viewer. I guess that is pretty much common in every EHR.

My questions are:
    1. What API should we call to process the HL7 file? Is there a way, to bulk load all the HL7 files located in some folder into Conquest DICOM Server using the API and C#.Net?
    2. How can we extract the studies that were updated with results into an HL7 file. Are there any API to generate the HL7 files or we should just write our own API to query and generate the HL7? If, so what API to use in C#.Net?
    3. Finally, how should we link to the results so that the viewer shows it up? Can we use Conquest DICOM Viewer to open from any page using javascript?

Appreciate your help in advance.

I am trying to connect to another PACS server using AE Title, Port and IP Address. I have added the it to DICOM Configuration and my PACS appear in Query dialog under Network. When I select and do transfer, nothing happens. How can I get all the studies from external PACS system? Any idea anyone?