• Hello bushanger,

I intend K-Pacs to be something like a workstation with advanced image creation and manipulation functionality. A web server should be provided by a real DICOM server, so this function would be great if it was integrated within Conquest...
    K-Pacs server functionality is limited to receiving and sending images. I don't think that providing a query/retrieve service would be very useful for a worksation (although I know that E-Film supports it).

Best regards,
    Andreas

• For a webbased PACS you should try myfreepacs.net
    They provide a webbased pacs which can run a quiry on the same dicomserver as Kpacs can.

I am trying to build a mini pacs for exteral images from cd, i load them in PACS with Kpacs, an these can be viewed webbased.

• Have a look at our product "IQ-WEB", please. It provides a fully featured PACS combined with a powerful web integration including to view all images. It is also using a user based authentification for the web service (password protected login).

Yves Neumann

• Hello Yves,

IQ-Web looks interesting. Exists there also the possibility of limited acsess to the images, that the user log can correspond with the reffering physician?
    It can be wishful that a doctor can only view the images of his own patients and not the images of other physicians.

• The IQ-WEB doesn?t give you an restricted/granted access related to DICOM header info, i.e. "referring physician". But if every physician uses his own viewing station you could use the automatic forward mechanism to send the images to the related station based on that information.

We are also working on an improvement of the access and right management and I will bring your wish into the discussion.

Regards,
    Yves Neumann

• Quote from Yves Neumann

The IQ-WEB doesn?t give you an restricted/granted access related to DICOM header info, i.e. "referring physician". But if every physician uses his own viewing station you could use the automatic forward mechanism to send the images to the related station based on that information.

We are also working on an improvement of the access and right management and I will bring your wish into the discussion.

Regards,
    Yves Neumann

My suggestion is to have a search feature in your product for "referring physician" and other types of staff. This way if the doctor wishes, he/she can see someone else's stuff or just his stuff or all the stuff.
    Also useful to have ability to hook product into existing infrastructure authentication systems like Active Directory or LDAP so users don't need yet another user name and password. Less is More :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!