Posts by kld

Andreas,

I am working on samples next week. Also, I am going to send a method you can use to do the overlay of the RTSTRUCT with the images since someone I work with knows how to do that and has tips.

Meanwhile - here is a very useful suggestion for K-PACS that would very helpful to Radiation Oncology usage. Currently, when we download RT objects with K-PACS, a separate folder is created for the RT objects and CT files even though the RT objects are associated with the CT study and we have no need for them to be separate - as a matter of fact this makes it very hard to use them. For Rad/Onc it's most convenient not to separate RT objects and keep them in same directory/folder that all the associated CTs are in.

Currently if we download a bunch, it's hard to know which RT objects go with which CTs and from a workflow point of view - we always need them together with CTs and believe Rad/Onc folks in general would prefer it that way.

Thanks!
    Kim

Quote from drbob@wbic.org

I would like to see the abilty to place a large ARROW on views before printing or burning CD's. This should be helpful when sending films to inexperienced readers.

BobMorrow

One way to do this is save image as a jpeg, then open powerpoint, import the image into powerpoint, then you can add all the arrows in whatever size and color you want. I do this all the time for presentations.

Quote from Yves Neumann

The IQ-WEB doesn?t give you an restricted/granted access related to DICOM header info, i.e. "referring physician". But if every physician uses his own viewing station you could use the automatic forward mechanism to send the images to the related station based on that information.

We are also working on an improvement of the access and right management and I will bring your wish into the discussion.

Regards,
    Yves Neumann

My suggestion is to have a search feature in your product for "referring physician" and other types of staff. This way if the doctor wishes, he/she can see someone else's stuff or just his stuff or all the stuff.
    Also useful to have ability to hook product into existing infrastructure authentication systems like Active Directory or LDAP so users don't need yet another user name and password. Less is More :)

Hey Andreas,
    Some questions, requests, and offer to help...

I know that K-PACS can download DICOM-RT objects, like RT-STRUCTS, but currently can not view them so we can not see for example contours on the images.

(1) What kind of help would you need to be able to add viewing for RT objects in the K-PACS viewer? I may be able to help. It would be awesome to view RT stuff with the images.

(2) Query filters - can more presentation syntax be added specific to RT?

(3) New DICOM-RT-ION suppliment to DICOM Protocol was recently ratified. This is specific to Radiotherapy Treatment using Protons. Will you be adding support for RT-ION objects so they can also be downloaded into K-PACS? For example, we have RT-Plan for traditional radiation, and RT-ION-PlAN for new treament plans made with proton treatment therapy software.

Thanks - love your K-PACs,
    Kim
    :)