archiving problem

• Hi,

I use conquest over 2 years in my hospital, thanks developers again.

Since we arrived to online-storage limit, i begun to move some my data to offline disks(jukebox) to make a free space on online-disks.
    I use --selectlruforarchival and --movedatatodevice commands succesively.

Problem is that, i select data (say 25gb) then dgate copies and compares, but when the delete operation is invoked by dgate after compare, it doesnt work accordingly.
    I test with 1gb data, worked perfectly,
    then try 10gb data worked
    but for 25gb it didnt delete the original images after select,copy and compare.
    Now i have images in server disks but database dicomimages table points jukebox device (correct case of course, it should do so, because they were copied)
    so have can I find and delete original images that are pointed to jukebox in database?
    is there an option in dgate?
    i can query database then delete the studies by hand, but it is hard for 25gb data. :)

i use 1.4.13 on linux.

Thanks Ali

ps: problem may be arise because of that i run archiving in prime time (in between heavy send/receive transfers-disks are in use) :?:

• Hi,

were there any error messages? I assume you have a list of devices that have this condition (files left on MAG0). I could maybe program a command like "dgate --cleanduplicateimages:newdevice,olddevice". This is very similar to the last step in MoveDataToDevice.

Marcel

• Thanks Marcel,

Generally there is no error messages, but for last try, it deleted a few patients then "can not delete image x" message for one study, then cancelled out without warning (a cancel/break message will be good). I checked that study, it coppied all images to jukebox with success, it deleted only 3 images out of 102 images of that study from source, then break the process. May be there is a collision between simultaneous read/write requests to same disk, i dont know.

so what should i do?

- delete studies by hand? if so should i query the db to know which images are labelled to jukebox or simply compare source-target disks and delete the source ones?

if i repeate the movedatatodevice without selectlruforarchival the what it does?;
    does it recopy, recompare and delete? what is the process?

one more question: is there any limit for the size of movedata process? ie can I move 1 tb at once?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!