What tools to use ?

• Hi,

I am facing some problems with kPacs, that I am currently using.
    The problem is that K-PACS server is running on a server machine. BUT, each client running needs a lot of time to download everything locally.. that's too long and that will be longer and longer with the time..
    Now, I use some client machine running Windows 7, and I have the feling that Win7 is not supported by KPACS.

What I would need is the system : Central database ( where all DCOM files a located ) and client software JUST reading the database AND Downloading what they need. ( for bandwitdh consumption )

Is IQ view working that way ? if Not, what tools would do that ?

• Dear steve76

K-PACS is not a server software but workstation software and it is not meant to function as a central archive. You are also right that it is currently not fully supporting Windows 7 or 8.

What you seem to be looking for is a central archive such as our PACS iQ-WEBX, which can store all images in one database and make them available for the workstations to retrieve (or even to be automatically forwarded).

As a radiological reading station, we would recommend using iQ-VIEW, which also can be used on Windows 7 computers. iQ-VIEW provides all necessary tools for image reading and manipulation and also allows the import and export of data, e.g. from and to portable media.

You may try out the software on your own. Trial versions are available on our website. If you are interested or need more information, check out our distributor list to find someone in your vicinity who could help you assemble what you need.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!